The Funeral- Poe Dameron

My entire body shook as I walked through the room of mourners

My entire body shook as I walked through the room of mourners. Their sorrowful glances and words laced with pity made me sick to my stomach.

I didn't want their pity. I wanted Poe.

A hand gently touched my shoulder, startling me from my daze. I turned to see General Organa looking rather solemn in her floor length black dress. She had been the one to deliver the news to me and she had been the only person to provide me with some sort of comfort.

She gave me a weak smile. "This place sure is glum, huh?"

I matched her smile with a weak one of my own. Even in dark times she still had her sense of humor. I didn't respond- I couldn't. I simply blinked away my tears.

"I'm really sorry about what happened, Y/N," the general said gently.

I sniffles and looked at the floor, not wanting her to see how watery my eyes were.

"I can't help but blame myself for what happened," she murmured.

My head shot up and my eyes widened in shock. "No one blames you for what happened," I said with a hoarse voice.

"But I do. The plan was mine."

"You didn't know it would go wrong," I replied.

She gave me a sad smile. "I should have."

I reached out and gently took the woman's hand into mine. My palms were clammy but she didn't seem to either notice or mind.

Poe's death was affecting everyone. He was the best fighter in the resistance and a good friend. And a good husband to me.

I also knew that his dying was a possibility but somehow it just didn't seem real. Sometimes I forgot he was gone. I wondered how long that would last.

"I am going to pay my respects," General Organa said softly. She patted my hand and squeezed it gently.

I nodded and released her. I wanted to follow, but knew that if I saw his motionless body I would break down into tears.
~~~
I told you guys I'd write a sad one every now and then.

Despite this one being rather glum, I hope you still enjoyed.

Question: Did you enjoy The Last Jedi?

I didn't hate it, but I didn't exactly love it either