Unmasked- Din Djarin

WARNING: SPOILER ALERTS FOR THE ENDING OF SEASON 2 OF THE MANDOLORIAN

The ride was quiet and peaceful. It had been a few weeks since Grogu had left with Luke to continue his Jedi training. While both Mando and I missed him terribly, I had to admit it was much more quiet and less chaotic.

Grogu was always getting into trouble. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the little green guy. I hoped he was doing okay, wherever he was.

The Mandolorian clicked a few buttons on the control panel of the Razorcrest and the ship switched into autopilot.

"Get some rest," Mando advised, glancing over his shoulder to look at me.

I nodded and leaned back in my seat. As I closed my eyes, I thought about everything. I had not seen his face when he removed his helmet for Grogu. I hadn't been there, but I wished that I had. I didn't even know his real name.

But I knew that I loved him.

Over the months we had grown close. Well, about as close as we could without me ever seeing his face or knowing his true identity.

————

I strapped a blaster to my hip with a sigh. We had received word of someone attacking a city on a nearby planet. The local law enforcement were too frightened to do anything and whatever or whoever it was had taken the city hostage.

"I'll land the ship just outside the city. We'll go in together," Mando told me in his deep voice.

"Land the ship further out and let me go in alone," I suggested as I slipped a knife into my boot. "While I'm distracting them, you can sneak in and we can take them by surprise."

I heard a heavy sigh coming from him.

"It's too dangerous." He walked back towards the cockpit.

I followed him, trying to think of a way to persuade him to my plan. It worked out perfectly in my head. I sat down in the copilot's chair.

He took his own seat and guided the ship towards the city.

"It'll work, and you know it," I insisted.

"You're stubborn."

"I'm right," I protested. I never understood why he was always so reluctant to let me help. He didn't have to save the day by himself all the time. "If they see the ship, they'll immediately start shooting."

"No. I won't let you go in alone," he said firmly.

"Why not?" I asked, raising my voice this time.

"Because," Mando snapped. "It's too risky to send you in alone. They could kill you on sight."

I released a huff of annoyance but made no further arguments. Maybe he was right. They could shoot me as soon as I walked into the city and not take me hostage as I had planned. I still doubted it, but I would go along with the Mando's idea.