Soulmates- Anakin Skywalker

Soulmate AU: you see in black and white until you meet your soulmate for the first time

Trigger warnings: war, violence

~~~

My planet was in shambles. The Separatists had attacked for my planet's resources: an extensive mine of valuable ore below the surface. My city had remained untouched at first, until now. Buildings were on fire and bombers dropped around the refugees as he fled the city.

Clones had arrived just in time to escort us to a safe camp across the river. I kept my head low and covered my ears as another bomb dropped. The ground shook. The street was littered with rubble and bodies. I stepped over the small form of a child.

"Hurry, hurry!" The clones ushered us along. There were blaster shots as they fired at the pursuing droids. A women somewhere screamed in pain- likely had been caught in the crossfire.

There was a whistle overhead as a jet flew low. I instinctively ducked my head although it was nowhere near close enough to hitting me. The jet circled around before coming back and swooping lower. I paused and looked up, squinting through the sun to see what was going on. A few others did the same. Perhaps it was here to take us to safety. The thought provided me with some relief.

However, as the jet circled back I could tell it was imperial. The bottom of it opened like the jaws of some monster and out dropped a large circular object. A bombshell. The world seemed to move in slow motion. It took a few moments for us to realize that this bomb was dropping much closer than the previous ones. It would drop right on us.

My body felt as though it was moving through jello as I scrambled through the rubble, attempting to get as far away from the blast as possible. The ground shuttered as the shell landed in the street. I was knocked forwards, landing straight on my face. Bits of debris hit my shoulders and back. Ash and dust filled the air. I coughed as it clouded my lungs.

The world around me was spinning and my vision blurred. Everything was silent apart from the ringing in my ears. I blinked, confused and dazed. Where was I going?

Hands were on my shoulders, ushering me to my feet. I winced slightly at the touch. Muffled voices as someone spoke to me. I gripped the stranger's arm for support and rose to my feet. As I turned to thank my helper, the world exploded in color. It was so overwhelming that I stumbled backwards, nearly falling again.

Thankfully the man had quick reflexes and caught me. The two of us stared at each other for a moment. His mouth moved as he spoke but my ears rang still, covering up the sound of his voice.

"What?" I said, probably too loudly. The ringing slowly faded, but I still had to concentrate to hear him speak.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

He was attractive. Bright eyes, dark hair, chiseled face. He was muscular. I still clutched his arm. I could feel toned muscle even through his clothing. I nodded.

"Good. Let's get you out of here," he said. He allowed me to hold onto him as he guided me through the street. More clones had arrived now, along with others dressed in robes and wielding lightsabers. He was a Jedi. Of course my soulmate had to be a Jedi.

We made our way to the edge of the city, to the refugee camp. Others followed along behind us, guided by my brave rescuer. I had a million questions I wanted to ask him but now wasn't the time. I briefly wondered if there ever would be a good time. He was a Jedi and that was forbidden. He might not have any interest in knowing his soulmate, whereas I had always dreamed of meeting mine.

I needed to focus on the now. I bled from a cut on my forehead and another on my neck. The blood from my forehead dripped down my face, threatening to end up in my eye. My body hurt from the impact and shockwave of the explosion, so I moved slowly but the man was patient and didn't rush me.

Once we reached the camp he settled me down somewhere safe and then just stood, watching me as if he wanted to say something. I leaned against the tree he had set me near and sighed. A medic ran around from refugee to refugee. I'd be able to receive medical attention thankfully.

"I have to return to the fight," he said after a long moment.

I nodded. "I know. Go on." There was no time to discuss what we needed. I only hoped he survived this battle so I could see him later. I didn't even know his name.

"I'll find you after," he promised. He rushed off before I could respond.
~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed! I might do a part 2 for this. The concept of soulmates would be challenging for Jedi and I'd like to further explore that idea.

My question for you readers today is: should I add Leia and Padmé imagines to this book?