Forbidden Love- Anakin Skywalker

I was seated at a long dinner table with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padmé, and several other senators

"You're speech was beautiful Senator Organa," Padmé complimented the man with a smile.

"It seemed to really move the crowd," another senator chimed in.

Under the table I felt something brush against my shoe. At first, I thought it was only an accident. Then I felt it move again and leg being pressed against mine.

I tried to keep my face calm as I looked at Anakin. He was going to get us caught. I did my best to hide my fears, not wanting Obi-Wan to sense my stress.

Anakin smiled at me from across the table and moved his leg away from mine before going back to his meal.

I did miss the touch, but he had to beware. We could be kicked out of the Jedi order for being together.

He respected my wishes and concerns and simply acted like we were just friends for the rest of the meal.

———

I walked onto our ship that afternoon. He and I would be flying to Mandalore for a few days to do some work there.

"Are you crazy?" I asked as soon as the door of the ship closed.

Anakin chuckled and pressed a kiss to my cheek before sitting down in the pilot's chair. "Crazy for you perhaps."

I sighed and plopped down in the co-pilot's seat. I knew how much he hated hiding our relationship. I didn't like it either, but it was necessary. "Anakin, someone could have easily seen us."

"I barely touched you under the table," he defended. "No one would have seen."

He flipped a few switches on the control panel and the ship powered up. "Besides." He looked over at me. "I can't stand being away from you. I want to show you affection."

———

The weeks passed and we hid our relationship just as we had always done.

"This is so hard," I murmured to him one night. It was one of the rare nights we got to spend with just the two of us. I laid with my head on his bare chest and his arms were around me.

"What is?" He asked.

"Hiding this from everyone," I answered. It took all of my willpower to not hold his hand in public and I knew he felt the same. "It's unfair."

I never understood why attachments were forbidden but I went along with it for the sake of the Jedi. It was for the greater good. Or at least, that's what I always told myself.

He reached up and gently stroked my hair and pressed a kiss to my head.

"If they catch us they'll force us to leave," I went on. I felt tears forming in my eyes. "I don't want you to give up your dreams for me."

All he had ever wanted to be was a Jedi master. That would never happen if someone caught us together. His dreams would be crushed.

Anakin sat up all of a sudden and moved so he was almost hovering over me. He placed his hand on the side of my face and looked me very intently in the eyes. "I would rather die a thousand deaths than live without loving you."

I looked back into his beautiful eyes and didn't say a word. I instead leaned up and pressed a firm kiss to his lips, knowing he would understand how strongly I loved him.

~~~~
Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think in the comments or by leaving a vote.

Do you like the Jedi order?

Personally, I find their rules to be too rigid.