Sick Day- Cassian Andor

I rolled over in bed that morning with a groan

I rolled over in bed that morning with a groan. The movement sent an aching pain through my head and I winced, closing my eyes.

"What's wrong, love?" Cassian asked in a sleepy voice. The bed shifted as he sat up and leaned towards me.

"I feel like death," I muttered, burying my face into a pillow. It had started at a mild cold the day before but now I felt ten times worse. I tilted my head and opened one eye so I could see him.

His dark hair was ruffled and he still looked a little sleepy, but his face was etched with concern as he studied me.

"I'll go get a doctor." He pulled the blanket off of himself and hopped out of bed.

I shook my head and immediately regretted it. I closed my eyes once more and muttered something into the pillow.

"I can't understand you when you mumble like that." Cassian chuckled lightly and reached out, gently stroked my hair.

The gesture was soothing and helping me to relax. I tilted my face out of the pillow once more. "I don't need a doctor."

I hated the thought of being poked and prodded at by one of the doctors on the base.

"You need a doctor," he insisted.

"No," I replied stubbornly.

He released a heavy sigh and finally nodded. "Then I'm taking care of you."

"Don't you have to work?"

"Work can wait. You are more important." He stood up and put on a shirt before leaving the room. When he returned just a moment later, he was carrying a tray with a glass of water and a bowl oatmeal.

The delicious smell made me smile a bit and slowly I tried to sit up, only to wince in pain.

"Easy," he said, reaching out with his spare hand to help me. "Slowly."

I sat up again with his help this time and leaned my back into the pillows. He sat down on the edge of the bed with the tray of food and I smiled once more.

I felt lucky to have someone like him in my life.
~~~
I love imagines where one person is sick and the other cares for them so I thought I'd try it.

I hope I did a good job. Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

What are your thoughts on the movie, Rogue One?

It's one of my favorites!