Pregame Jitters (AtsuKage)

Karasuno and Inarazaki go against each other in a volleyball match. How will it work when two of the setters, Kageyama and Atsumu are dating?

[Soft] [Normal] [Volleyball] [Ton of timeskips]

(Proof Read)

~

Kageyama stared at his locker seeing the contents inside.

He was deep in thought, examining the items.

A small white towel, some freshening products like deodorant, sprays and such.

All of them seemed so interesting as he stared ahead.

Suddenly a hand flailed in front of his face.

"Kageyama?" The orange headed boy said

"Huh?" He said, snapping out his thoughts and staring at him

"Dude, i've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes. The bus is leaving soon we gotta go." Hinata said

"Right!" Kageyama said and closed his locker, walking alongside his best friend

They walked outside and saw the team piling into the bus, soon following suit.

Kageyama sat in the aisle side of the two seats, Hinata plopping right next to him.

The bus engine turned on as conversation ignited within the bus.

Hinata turned to Kageyama.

"Hey, why'd you seem so intense looking at your locker?" Hinata asked

"Probably because his boyfriends playing on the opposing team." Tsukishima stated, seated directly in front of them next to Yamaguchi

Kageyama looked at the tall blond middle blocker.

"But why would he be upset then? Isn't that good?" Hinata said

"Are you really that dumb or are you faking it. Knowing you, you probably are just stupid." Tsukishima said, putting on his headphones and ignoring the conversation further

"TAKE THAT BACK SUCKYSHIMA!" Hinata yelled but Tsukishima pretended not to hear through his music

"Keep it down guys." Daichi said

"Sorry Daichi." Hinata apologized

"He's probably just nervous because one team has to lose. Atsumu doesn't strike me as the type of guy who takes losing lightly, even with an inspiring pep talk." Sugawara said, seated right next to Daichi "And I know for a fact Kageyama isn't either."

Kageyama looked down at his lap and sighed.

"Oh. Well cheer up Kageyama! Give it your all and i'm sure whoever loses will be fine in a bit. Just give it some time!" Hinata smiled brightly

Kageyama looked at his orange headed friend and nodded, feeling ambition fill his veins once again.

"Guess some inspiring pep talks work." Daichi said

"Yeah yeah, they're excused they're best friends." Sugawara huffed

The bus came to a halt after a while. The conversation stayed light as they all grabbed their bags and piled out.

Kageyama stared at the huge gym building, huffing as he followed the team into the place.

Upon arriving he took a few solid steps with his team before a hand grabbed his arm and pulled him aside to a secluded hallway.

Kageyama looked up slightly at the blond male smiling at him.

"Tobio-kun! You look amazing baby." Atsumu said, leaning down to kiss him on the lips

Kageyama blushed a deep shade of red as he looked away.

"Hm? Whats wrong?" The taller asked gently, lightly grabbing the younger's waist

"Nothing. Its just... one of us has to lose today." Kageyama sighed

"Course." He said "And i'll buy you ice cream and give you lots of cuddles when you do!"

Kageyama looked up as the man booped his nose.

"I'm gonna win this." Kageyama said firmly

"We'll see about that baby." Atsumu laughed and hugged the younger

☾ Timeskip: To The Game ☽

"Oi. Kageyama." Tsukishima said

Kageyama looked up at the tall male as he was stretching.

"Don't screw this up because your boyfriends on the other side of the net. You're both setters that have to win the game." Tsukishima said "He's your opponent as you set foot on that court. No one else."

Kageyama looked at the man wondering how he could sound so monotone and mean but come off with at least some inspiring intention.

"Right." He muttered

"Ready guys?" Daichi said and the whole team got hyped as they stood in a straight line parallel to the other team.

Karasuno versus Inarazaki High

☾ Timeskip: The End of The Game ☽

Kageyama took heavy breaths as he saw the ball get spiked onto his side of the court again.

Nishinoya slid on the floor, attempting to reach it but merely missed it as the referee pointed to Inarazaki for the point.

All Karasuno needed was one more point.

Kageyama quickly analyzed the court. Everyone was breathing heavily, some crouched down in a heavy sweat as they too analyzed everyone around.

Kageyama then quickly turned to look on the opposing side of the net, seeing as his boyfriend was getting cheered on by his side.

Atsumu turned upon feeling the stare of his pretty setter boyfriend.

"Hey baby." Atsumu mouthed, expression concealing none of his cockiness

Kageyama grit his teeth.

"Nothing but an opponent." He muttered

The bell rung out again and Yamaguchi walked up. His pinch serves were gonna be a life saver.

He hit the ball and it wavered onto the other side, almost hitting the ground until Aran quickly received it.

The ball went up and Atsumu went under, setting the ball amazingly to Osamu who spiked it intensely to Karasuno's side of the court.

Tsukishima quickly jumped up and the tip of his fingers one touched the volleyball.

Nishinoya rolled in and sent the ball back flying up, enough for him to get under.

Kageyama quickly positioned himself under the ball, quickly glancing as he saw Hinata run and jump up.

Kageyama set the ball for an intense spike made by Hinata, the quick attack working flawlessly and leaving extremely little room for a save.

Kageyama and Hinata felt that high in their veins as the court cheered.

☾ Timeskip: After The Game ☽

The team were in high hopes as they wired down, heading towards the bus in fatigue.

Kageyama felt the larger males presence as he turned around.

"Good game Tobio." He smirked, kissing Kageyamas cheek "See you in an hour."

☾ Timeskip: At Home ☽

Atsumu wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, pecking the back of his neck lightly.

Kageyama snuggled into the older and sighed.

"You aren't upset?" He asked

"Not with you." He said "Losing a game gets anyone down, but I can't feel that down since I lost to such a pretty boy."

Kageyama lightly smiled and turned around to put his face in the crook of the others neck.

"I..I love y-you." He said awkwardly

"No need to be so stiff Tobio." He laughed "I love you too."