Cheering For You (Asanoya)

Nishinoya attends one of his boyfriends college games as a surprise to cheer him up.

[Sweet] [Homesick] [Slightly Short like Nishinoya]

(Proof Read)

~

"Ha! Three to one!" Nishinoya cheered, energetically moving around as he held onto the controller

"You're too good at this Yuu." Asahi smiled, just admiring his shorter boyfriend

"You know, I think you'd be better if you'd quit staring at me so much." Nishinoya said, placing himself on his lovers lap

"Ah.. I can't. I barely get to see you nowadays." Asahi sighed, wrapping his arms around the shorter and putting his head on the crook of his neck

"We see each other every week Asahi." Nishinoya said before sighing himself "But I know, it doesn't feel like enough."

"We used to hang out so much at school." Asahi smiled fondly as he thought back "Remember when you used to get two soda pops and give me one when we walked home together?"

"Yeah.. good times." Nishinoya said before looking at the taller "Why did you have to go and leave to college?"

"Couldn't really control it Nishi." Asahi said, rubbing the back of his neck

Nishinoya just pressed his forehead on the other, taking a breath "It's okay. It'll be all fine Asahi! As long as we're together."

Asahi simply smiled at that, pulling in the other for a kiss.

☾ Timeskip ☽ 

"So are you excited for your game this afternoon?" Nishinoya smiled, sitting in the coffee shop

"I am." Asahi smiled, taking a sip of his water

"I wonder why you asked to go to a coffee shop when you shouldn't even drink coffee before games." Nishinoya said

"You looked tired, you were up playing games all night no?" Asahi asked

"Only for a little bit. Then I had to actually study for a tough exam. It wasn't as bad as I thought though." Nishinoya smiled

"Thats great Yuu." Asahi smiled, the two sitting in comfortable silence for a moment before the younger spoke up again

"Asahi.." Nishinoya said

"Hm?" Asahi said, giving the younger his full attention

"Are you using me as an excuse to ditch your game?" Nishinoya blatantly asked "Karasuno is a two hour train ride from your college. This is your first year on that team."

"Ah, i'm not." Asahi sighed "But.. I just haven't been doing too well."

Nishinoya stared at his boyfriend as the taller continued.

"I used to be the ace in Karasuno. Someone people depended on and trusted to spike a ball." Asahi said "Now, i'm just another player on the team. Mindlessly going along."

"Do you like volleyball?" Nishinoya asked

"I do. I don't see it becoming a career, but I do enjoy it and how it keeps me looking good for you." Asahi lightly smiled "Still, I guess I lost much of my motivation for trying harder with a new team."

"Sounds like you're a little homesick Asahi." Nishinoya said "Come on, lets get you on that train so you don't miss your match."

"Yeah.." Asahi said as they placed money on the table and slipped out, hand in hand.

☾ Timeskip ☽

Asahi breathed heavily on the court, glancing around as the volleyball got hit across the net.

It was near the end of the game, the other team had taken the first set just for his team to take the next, leading to an overtime of one final set.

He had been playing decently so far, delivering some spikes here and there with some receives, but it still didn't feel the same as before.

Shaking off the dreadful feeling, his ear perked up as he heard a familiar voice through the chaos in the stands. 

He looked towards the crowd, scanning his eyes around to confirm if his ears had deceived him or not. He kept looking until he eventually landed eyes on the energetic libero known as Nishinoya.

His partner, known as Nishinoya Yuu. 

The younger smiled brightly at him, forming a heart with his hands.

All of a sudden, Asahi's horrid feeling of being homesick vanished into the air.

It was then that he realized an important thing.

That Karasuno wasn't where his home was.

His home was where Nishinoya was.

The whistle blew once more and his team gave it their all, the bounces of the ball and squeaks of their sneakers loudly sounding the court. 

With one final spike, his team barely lost by three points. In a sorrow loss, they bowed as everyone headed out. Most of his teammates went on to get changed or left already, but he headed towards the now nearly empty stands to find his lover. 

"Asahi." Nishinoya said, touching the others arm

The taller looked down at him, pulling him in for a hug.

"Asahi. You're sweaty." Nishinoya said lightly, but hugged him back regardless

Asahi smiled at him as he pulled away, only furthering Nishinoya's confusion. 

"Okay, you've been acting weird. Are you really that homesi-" Nishinoya was cut off when the older reeled him in for a kiss

"You're right." Asahi said "I am homesick, but not for the team or Miyagi for that matter."

The younger looked up at him.

"I'm homesick without you." Asahi said "You're my home. I love you."

Nishinoya stared at him, no words forming out but just movements as he pulled him in for another kiss.

"Me too Azumane." Nishinoya said "Don't worry, no matter where we are.."

"I'll always be cheering for you."