Be There. (Kagehina)

Kageyama lets a lost game get to him for longer then usual. So his boyfriend, Hinata is there to comfort him.

[Angst to Soft] [Comfort] [Loving] [Sweet]

(Proof Read)

~

"Hey Hinata, can I talk to you for a second?" Sugawara said, quietly ushering the shorter to him

Hinata looked to the side and treaded over to the older "How's it going Sugawara-san?"

Sugawara let out a warm smile "Great, but we need to talk about Kageyama."

"Huh? Kageyama?" Hinata said, looking back to see the raven headed male on the court

"Have you noticed something... off about him the last couple days?" Sugawara asked "I know we lost a game a couple of days ago, but it's not like him to hold on for this long." 

"Not sure... I just thought he was more down because of the match and let him have space." Hinata said as he thought back

"I mean, you are his boyfriend. You'd probably know better then I would." Sugawara smiled "If it lasts a couple days longer, we'll arrange a small group talk with him."

"Yeah.." Hinata simply replied as he was recalling past memories

"He has been acting weird lately..." Hinata thought as he looked towards his partner

☾ Timeskip ☽

"Kageyama, do you want me to walk you most of the way home?" Hinata asked the taller

"No. It's alright. Bye." Kageyama said as he departed at the midway point of their two houses 

Hinata just stood there, holding onto his bike as he stared at the back of the younger's head.

They'd usually have a quick kiss or maybe even a hug when they departed, but the setter has been evading his partners touch recently. 

"Sugawara-san was right. I didn't even notice... Jeez what kind of boyfriend am I?" Hinata thought "He's been communicating very little, evading touch... I just thought it was usual Kageyama.."

Hinata let thoughts roll through his mind, not even noticing the minutes passing by until he heard someone speak to him.

"Young man! You wouldn't want to be standing there for the rest of my lifespan, would you?" An old man smiled "Go along now, get to wherever you need to be."

"Sorry!" Hinata apologized, making a cut decision as he got on his bike and petaled to Kageyama's house

After a few solid minutes, and a small pitstop so he could text his mother about it, he dropped his bike in front of the setters house, knocking on the door.

"Shoyo. What a pleasant surprise." Kageyama's mother said with a kind smile

"Sorry for the intrusion." Hinata put his head down

"You're always welcome here. Especially when Tobio seems a bit down..." She sighed "Have you noticed too?"

"To be completely honest, I didn't until one of our volleyball members told me, but it does make sense." Hinata said

"Well don't let me hold you, please cure my boy." She said, taking his hands in her palms to show sincerity 

"Right!" Hinata curtly said before he walked upstairs, knocking on the setters door

"Mom, just please leave the dinner outside my door for today." Kageyama said

"Wrong guess." Hinata said

Silence was heard before quick footsteps walked to the door, it creaking open as the setter peaked to see the smaller.

"What are you doing here?" Kageyama said, opening the door for the orange headed male to get in as he took a step back

"Well." Hinata said, closing the door behind him "Are you alright?"

"What?" Kageyama said 

"I wanted to check up on you, you seem down." Hinata said

Kageyama stared at the shorter.

"I'm fine." Kageyama said, turning as he laid on his bed face up

"W-"

"You came all this way to ask me that?" Kageyama asked, an arm over his forehead "You dumbass... go home before it gets too late.."

Hinata just looked up, questioning the odd response when he realized. 

This was how Kageyama reacted to situations.

Ever since his 'king of the court' days, he's been one to contain his feelings and lash out on others when things don't go his way.

Silence was heard until Hinata grabbed his bag, Kageyama lightly glanced to see the middle blocker on his phone.

"I'm not going home." Hinata simply said, sending his mom a text

"What?" Kageyama said

"You need someone, and i'm going to be there." Hinata said, leaving no room to argue as he walked over to the bed "Scoot over."

Kageyama looked at him, slowly scooting over on the bed.

The two sat there for a few minutes, silence taking over as they laid in their thoughts.

"... I didn't think we'd lose that match." Kageyama sighed

Hinata turned to the setter, letting him know his attention was on him as he stayed silent.

"I usually don't let matches get to me this much. I learn and then move on, just like Coach Ukai tells us." Kageyama said "But... this time. I saw my old teammates on Seijoh smiling with Oikawa. I've never seen Kindaichi or Kunimi smile when we played in middle school."

"So it reminded you of your king of the court days?" Hinata lightly asked

"Yeah." Kageyama sighed "I never considered anyones feelings but my own."

"You grew a lot, Kageyama." Hinata said after a couple moments, looking back at the ceiling "When we first met, I thought i'd never be able to play with you. In my eyes, you were self centered, arrogant, and angry all the time."

Kageyama stayed silent.

"But I knew one thing, its the thing the whole team saw. It was your skill. So for volleyball, I sucked it up and began playing with you." Hinata said "Soon after some practices and talks, you seemed to slowly change. You learned how to communicate better and adjust your ways to help others."

"Even though I was still a king, you hit my tosses." Kageyama said, thinking back

"It was for my sake at first, but eventually, it was for both of our sakes. We both learned together and after a few months into our friendship, I started smiling at things you did around me." Hinata smiled

Kageyama turned to look at his lover, expression soft "...I lov-"

The taller's words were halted as the orange headed male leaned over to kiss him.

Kageyama slowly wrapped his arms around his partner, the two of their lips in synch as they broke apart moments after for air.

"Y-you didn't let me finish... the point was that you changed." Hinata said, over the others lips "I love you."

Kageyama just pulled Hinata back down again as a response, the two kissing the night away.

He only wanted one person to be there.

Him.