Compliments (Asanoya)

Asahi loves compliments from Nishinoya. (Aka: A story where Asanoya have feelings for each other.)

[VERY Romantic] [Soft] [Confession]

(Proof Read)

~

Asahi stood on the court, intently watching as the ball got tossed over onto their side.

At the moment, the Karasuno boys were practicing one late afternoon. The sound of sneakers squeaking against the floor as each move was made.

The tall ace suddenly zoned in on Sugawara motioning towards him, it was clear that a set was going to be thrown his way.

Quickly, the ball was nicely set over from the right to left side, giving Asahi some time to jump up and move his arm back to hit the volleyball with the utmost amount force.

The sound of the ball slamming into the other courts hardwood floor was heard, signaling practice was over.

"That was amazing Asahi-san!!" Nishinoya suddenly jumped up from behind him

"Ah, thank you Nishinoya." Asahi sheepishly said, his hand rubbing the back of his neck

"You just slammed it right into the court! It was so cool!" Nishinoya continued

The ace smiled fondly as the younger complimented him. Asahi had to admit, as much as he loved slamming a volleyball to the other side, he loved Nishinoya's mountain of compliments just as much. 

It kind of gave him more encouragement to keep trying, even when he failed.

"Now now, calm down Nishinoya." Daichi laughed

"He's just being the reliable libero he is. Especially with Asahi." Sugawara winked

Of course the two other third years knew full and well the hidden feelings the ace and libero had for each other. Still, Daichi and Sugawara mutually agreed not to stick their heads in Asahi and Nishinoya's business as they were never those types of people.

That still didn't mean they didn't lightly joke around about it every so often. After all, Asahi was their best friend since first year, it was amazing entertainment to see the giant so flustered over the second year.

"I'm sure thats not it." Asahi nervously said

Asahi felt as light trickles of sweat dripped from his forehead, grabbing the end of his shirt, he pulled it up lightly to wipe his face off.

Of course, Nishinoya had to look to the side at that moment, eyeing the older as his well built body was on display for a mere couple seconds.

"Nishinoya-san?" Hinata perked up

"Yeah!" Nishinoya said

"W-well, I don't really know how to tell you this but-"

"Your whole face is red." Kageyama cut off, earning a hit on the arm from a certain orange headed male

"Too blatant!" Hinata scolded 

"Let's just pack up and get home alright?" Sugawara said, noticing the situation

"Everyone! Practice is over!" Daichi yelled out 

☾ Timeskip: Walking Home ☽ 

Asahi looked over, his eyebrows knitted together in light worry as the younger was looking down and not speaking.

Nishinoya not talking Asahi's ear off as they walked home was a rare occurrence, only happening when he gets a bad cold or is eating something.

"Is there something wrong Nishi?" Asahi asked, concern laced in his voice

"Wh-what? No, I'm fine!" Nishinoya said, still looking down

Asahi stopped dead in his tracks, lightly grabbing Nishinoya's arm. As the libero halted, Asahi lightly put his hand on the younger's cheek, pulling his face up to make eye contact.

Only there did the ace see the furiously blushing second year under the glowing street light.

The two stared into each others eyes, it was a really alluring scene. It full of unspoken feelings lingering around the atmosphere.

"Nishinoya? Do you have a fever?" Asahi mumbled, attempting to rule out any other reason the shorter would be this red

"...No" Nishinoya replied

"Then that means..." Asahi whispered

"Yeah." Nishinoya breathed out

His body moving on its own, Asahi leaned down and captured the younger's lips in a soft and tender kiss. Every feeling of endearment they had kept suppressed all this time poured out as adrenaline pumped in their veins.

Nishinoya wrapped his arms around the older's neck, pushing the kiss deeper as Asahi complied, the aces hands holding the liberos waist carefully.

The tingle of cool air flowing on their skin felt amazing paired with the electricity they were both experiencing. Their feelings communicating without words skillfully the longer their lips maneuvered. 

Soon enough, they parted with loud gasps of air being heard from both males.

Lightly leaping up again, Nishinoya pecked the taller on the lips quickly.

"That was... nice.." Nishinoya said, finally catching his breath

Asahi just stared at the shorter, admiring his facial features as he held his face gently.

"You're staring too much, Asahi." Nishinoya laughed lightly

"Don't you love the attention?" Asahi cheekily said

"From you, definitely." Nishinoya said

The two pressed their foreheads together calmly.

"Nishinoya. I need you to tell me with words. I can't entirely understand what you mean, although I have a pretty good feeling." Asahi suddenly mumbled against the younger's lips

"I like you." Nishinoya immediately said "No. I think... I love you." 

"We're on the same page." Asahi smiled "I love you too."

The two stood there with huge smiles on each others faces, exchanging a few more small kisses before walking hand and hand down the sidewalk.

Asahi loved compliments.

Nishinoya's compliments.