Sleepy (Kagehina)

Where Hinata falls asleep on the bus and Kageyama has no choice but to carry him out

Ships included/mentioned: Asanoya, Tsukiyama

[Soft] [Confession] [Normal]

(Proof Read)

~

The bus hummed softly as it traveled across the pavement.

The whole team had softly winded down after the intense game they just won. Everyone tried their best and their efforts were all worth it.

Now, it was sleeping time.

Coach Ukai talked lowly to Takeda who was driving the bus, planning out the next game as everyone quietly laid there.

Soon enough, the bus came to a stop upon arrival to Karasuno High. 

"Alright everyone. Start waking up." Coach Ukai said, lightly shaking peoples shoulders

As each person on the aisle seat got woken up, they gathered themselves before waking their counterparts next to them.

"Hmm... what." Tsukishima lowly said

"It's time to get up Tsuki." Yamaguchi said and walked with him out of the bus

Kageyama noticed the interaction and looked to his side, seeing the orange headed male sleeping peacefully. 

He looked so calm. Laying against the seat softly as his head lightly leaned to the side. His orange strands of hair lightly laying across his face messily.

His face heated up slightly when he realized what he was doing, staring at the older's beauty. 

"Hey, wake up dumbass." Kageyama said, lightly shaking his shoulder

The small middle blocker didn't even make a sound, still asleep.

"Hinata. Wake up." Kageyama said, shaking him with more force

The smaller male groaned a bit but didn't budge. His eyes not opening.

He looked up at a chuckling Asahi.

"Hinata looks really tired, he did jump around a lot today. Maybe give him a couple more moments of sleep." Asahi said as he strolled to the back, looking down lovingly at his libero boyfriend

"How do you give them that? We have to get off this bus." Kageyama said, noticing how the others already piled out the bus

Asahi bent down to Nishinoya's seat, putting his arms on the back of the younger's knees and upper back as he hoisted him up, carrying him bridal style. 

"That's how." He softly said, carrying the younger out

Kageyama's eyes widened at the situation, watching as the ace treaded out with their libero sleeping in his arms.

He turned to the smaller once again, contemplating for a bit on his next move.

He was in the middle of thought when a loud bang was heard on the side of the truck.

"Kageyama! Hinata! Get out!" Coach Ukai said from outside

Looking at the older, Hinata still didn't get up, even from that.

"How tired is this guy?" Kageyama thought

Without second thought, Kageyama grabbed both of their bags and threw the orange headed boy over his shoulder, walking out.

"The king carrying one of his servants huh?" Tsukishima said, causing everyone to turn to the freak duo

"Glad you took the advice." Asahi smiled, a still sleeping Nishinoya right there

"Yeah now what do I do?" Kageyama said, a light blush against his cheeks

"Bring him home if you can't wake him up. I'm sure he trusts you, you are his best friend." Daichi said

"Maybe something more." Sugawara smiled as they all started parting ways, sticking with whoever respectively

Kageyama sighed and started on the journey home. 

He heard the soft snores of the younger. His body was relaxed yet tense.

"Jeez. His calves must be burning." Kageyama mumbled as he felt the stiffness

He turned to the left and slightly saw a glimpse of what was beside his head. Blushing furiously now, he finally noticed the middle blockers ass was next to him.

Kageyama walked faster as he tried to get to the older's house. In his rush, he accidentally stumbled into a bush. 

After a while, he was walking normally as he thought to himself.

"Hinata. I'm sick of you, you know that?" Kageyama mumbled "And not in the way you think."

Of course, no response from the smaller.

"I hate having to hide my feelings because I don't know where you stand in that. I hate it because of situations like this, where I have to carry you home and seem like your lover but in reality, you and I know we aren't." The raven haired setter said "I am sick of not being tired of anything you do or say. With anyone else I would be, but not for you. I can't get enough of you."

Kageyama spoke from his heart, something he never does but for this occasion, at this time. Everything seemed right as the golden hues of the sunset glistened across his skin. 

"I like you, Hinata." He finally said

Silence was heard, the setter sighed. Hinata couldn't hear him, he knew, but for some reason he wished he did.

Hinata stirred from his position on Kageyama's shoulder.

"Oi. Hinata, wake up." Kageyama said, seeing the older's house come into view

"Hmgnhhh.." Hinata groaned as he opened his eyes to be face to face with the setters back and Karasuno high's volleyball jacket "Ehh?" 

"You're home." Kageyama said, using his keys to walk in and place the shorter softly on his bed

"You... carried me home..?" Hinata questioned, looking up at the taller male

"Yeah. You wouldn't wake up at the bus no matter what." Kageyama said, grabbing a water bottle and handing it to him "Drink this."

Hinata was confused at the sudden softness of the taller, drinking the water.

"Well... I'm gonna go home now. Cya later." Kageyama said, grabbing his bag

He was about to walk off when he felt a small hand wrap around his wrist, halting his actions.

"Kageyama. I like you too." Hinata said

Kageyama's eyes slightly widened as he turned around to face the smaller.

He saw as his cheeks glowed a soft red. He looked up at him, smiling.

"Y-you.."

"Heard your monologue? Yeah." Hinata laughed "I was half awake by the time you stumbled into that bush. I don't remember much after but I do know what you said."

"Dumbass do you even know what monologue means!" Kageyama said

"I do too!" Hinata said defensively and then noticed the redness of the younger "Are you blushing?"

"SHUT UP!" Kageyama said, putting his face in front of the smaller, attempting to be intimidating

"You know Kageyama, you'd look a lot more intimidating without that much blush on your face." Hinata said

Kageyama groaned, looking away.

"So... I like you and you like me right..?" Hinata asked

Kageyama looked back at the orange headed male.

"Yeah." He said "Be my boyfriend."

Hinata smiled brightly.

"Yes!" He said, pushing the younger into a hug, excitement filling his veins

Kageyama smiled, hugging the smaller as he laid on top of him.