Helping Hand (Asanoya)

Sugawara and Daichi notice their best friend Asahi crushing on the second year known as Nishinoya and decide to help their shy friend. 

[Normal] [Sweet] [Sorta cliche] [Confession]

(Proof Read)

~

"Hey, Daichi?" Sugawara said, walking up to the captain

"Yeah?" Daichi said

"Do you think Asahi possibly... has a crush on Nishinoya?" Sugawara said

Daichi turned to the side, glancing at the ace.

Asahi was staring at the libero, his eyes following the younger's movements as he received each ball and talked to the second years. 

"Is possibly the right word?" Daichi laughed

"We NEED to set him up!" Sugawara said

"Woah, woah. Should we really meddle with his life?" Daichi said

"Its Asahi and we're third years. He'd go through the entire year without telling him and have to part for college." Sugawara said "Plus! We aren't meddling, we'll just steer him in the right direction."

"Hmm... fine. I'll help." Daichi said as the two high-fived

☾ Timeskip ☽

Asahi panicked as his two closest friends dragged him to the back of the school.

"You got this Azumane! Make him Azumane Yuu!" Sugawara pep talked

"I kinda liked the name Nishinoya." Daichi said 

"Yeah, its really nice." Sugawara said, the two talking

"Can we slow down! How did this happen? How did you guys figure out?" Asahi said, halting in their tracks

"Isn't it obvious? We realized you were hopelessly in love with Nishinoya! Considering we only have this year left, we called him out for lunch. So you guys will have some nice times getting to know each other!" Sugawara beamed, hands on his hips as he smiled

"What about the second years he sits with? How...?" Asahi said

"Everyone was easy besides Tanaka." Daichi said 

"It was kind of hard convincing Tanaka to leave his best friend all alone back here without telling him the actual reason." Sugawara said "But luckily Kiyoko overheard one of mine and Daichi's conversations earlier... so she helped by asking Tanaka to help her in the club room during lunch."

"How much time did you guys have on your hands?" Asahi said, soul leaving his body

"Like ten minutes. But you don't have time, so lets get going!" Sugawara said as the two continued hauling their friend to the back

Nishinoya sat there on the grass, patiently waiting for the older.

"H...hey Nishinoya." Asahi said, moving to sit down next to him

"Hey Asahi! What took you so long? I'm starving." Nishinoya said

"Ah, sorry. I had Sugawara and Daichi helping me with something." Asahi said, opening his container of food and taking a small bite

"Helping with what?" Nishinoya curiously asked

"Just some third year work." Asahi said, glancing at Nishinoya who was chowing down his food

The ace lightly blushed, lightly wondering to himself why he would gush at something as simple as that.

Love maybe?

"Hey Asahi." Nishinoya said, holding some food near the taller's face "Try this!"

Asahi looked at the younger, expression bewildered as his face became red "W-what?!" 

"Try it!" Nishinoya smiled "It's really good."

The taller glanced at him for a second, trusting his sparkling smile as he slowly leaned forward and took the food into his mouth. 

"Good right?" Nishinoya said as the older nodded

"Yeah. Really good." Asahi said

A couple moments of silence went by, the ace taking light glances at the libero every so often. 

"Nishi." Asahi said, noticing some food smeared on his cheek

"Yeah?" Nishinoya said, mouth slightly full as he turned to the older

The smaller felt heat pour into his cheeks as Asahi got a bit close and wiped his mouth with a tissue.

"You had a little something there." Asahi said, their faces still close for a second before he slowly moved back

Nishinoya turned away, feeling as his cheeks burned and chest tightened.

"Nishino-"

"I have to uh.. make sure Tanaka doesn't do something stupid!" Nishinoya said, quickly getting up "See you at practice later!"

"We don't have prac-"

And in the blink of an eye, the shorter dashed away. 

☾ Timeskip ☽

"...Why did I freak out like that?" Nishinoya thought"....And its even more embarrassing we don't have practice today."

The rain poured outside, the libero dripping wet and standing in the locker room as he forgot his umbrella in there.

Nishinoya stood there, lost in his thoughts until he heard the door open.

"Nishinoya?" Asahi said

The shorter looked up, eyes fixated on the older who was also wet. His hair fell alongside his face and neck. His white shirt was transparent too, giving a glance at his toned body. 

"Asahi?" Nishinoya said back, face slightly red

The taller looked over the younger, seeing how his usually spiked up hair fell on his face and his face... glowed a soft red.  

"S-sorry. I'll come back." Asahi said, snapping out of his thoughts

"Huh? Wait! I'm sorry about earlier. I was... just nervous." Nishinoya apologized "...You can come in."

"Nervous...?" Asahi repeated, slowly coming in and closing the door behind him "Why were you nervous?"

"I... I don't really know." Nishinoya said "I guess you were really close to my face, so I got a bit embarrassed." 

The smaller turned to see Asahi behind him, staring down intently.

"Nishinoya... see me as something more, please." Asahi said "Not your older, your classmate, or even your friend."

Nishinoya slowly took in the words, thinking for a moment. 

"Asahi, sit down on the bench behind you." Nishinoya said, seriously

"Why would he want me to sit down?" Asahi thought"Maybe he thinks a rejection is best sitting down.." 

Nervously, Asahi sat down, waiting to be rejected.

The shorter slowly took the taller's cheeks into his hands, leaning down and kissing him on the lips.

Slightly shocked, Asahi took a few moments to gather himself before feverishly kissing back. 

The two blissfully kissed, lips easily molding together as they only broke apart for air moments after.

The atmosphere was heavy and full of pent up feelings. They were both heavily breathing and looking away every so often in embarrassment. 

"It's a yes.. by the way." Nishinoya said, breathless against the other's lips

The older just pulled the younger into his lap, one arm wrapping around his waist along with a hand to the back of his head, as they kissed once again.

He did it, he finally had Nishinoya.

All he needed was a helping hand.