Sixteen

After a few weeks flew by, Draco knew he needed a break from the stress. The workload was insane and found himself having many late nights stewing over essays and revision. Lauren was his saviour, she picked up academics really quickly and was always willing to help her friends. Well, mainly Draco, as Daphne was rather comical complaining about Potions.

One fine Saturday had rolled around and Draco took the opportunity to organise a trip to Hogsmeade. He hadn't been able to show his best friend around yet - he'd also invited Paige and Daphne to tag along. Blaise had revision to complete and Crabbe and Goyle were in detention with McGonagall for failing to complete any work at all.

Draco also knew that with the tasks fast approaching, now would be the only time to enjoy a full day to themselves.

As she was free at Hogwarts, Lauren took every opportunity to wear jeans as a "screw you" to her mother's strict ways. The woman was mad to ban jeans, it's basically winter all year round in the UK. She was also content in wearing black, deciding on a black tank top and dark jeans. She borrowed some of Daphne's hair gel that instantly straightened her hair, and decided on wearing mascara.

Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she raced down the stairs

Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she raced down the stairs. She'd heard stories of how beautiful Hogsmeade was with the array of shops and scenery.

Draco grinned as she came into view, he was looking very nice in a Slytherin quidditch sweater and jeans. He ran a hand through his hair as he waved her over. Daphne and Paige were beside him, Lauren was surprised it took her so long to notice them.

Paige clapped her hands together. "We have to start with Honeydukes, she'll love it there." The three of them began plotting their route, Lauren was way behind and not keeping up at all. She trusted them though, they'd become very close very quickly.

They headed out of the grounds on the walk to the Hogsmeade village, it was rather scenic. Flowers bloomed among the cracks of the cobblestone. Autumn leaves had fallen, causing a display of oranges and reds beneath their feet.

They'd made it to the village, lots of other students had the same idea of pursuing freedom. Paige and Daphne held hands, Lauren loved them together. She walked in line with Draco, and couldn't help but gaze in wonder at Hogsmeade.

It was a quaint village, looking like it was straight out of a picture book. The autumn atmosphere added to the warm feeling this place radiated. Rows of small, brightly coloured shop fronts filled the streets.

They'd made it to the teal coloured store with a bright pink door. In large yellow letters read, 'Honeydukes.' Draco held the door open for them all, and Lauren just about died at the sight before her.

' Draco held the door open for them all, and Lauren just about died at the sight before her