Twenty Eight

"Are you sure you want to go? Could sneak to get some cake and hide in here?" Lauren whined to Daphne. The Slytherin common room party had already started and Lauren was halfway getting ready.

Daphne chuckled. "We have to go, Lolo. Someone has to keep Blaise from going overboard with the alcohol." She finished pinning her blonde locks to the side of her head. Her black dress hugged her curves modestly.

Lauren sighed, she knew Daphne was right. Blaise was a wreck the last time he'd consumed alcohol. "Aren't you worried about Paige and Pansy attending?" She asked.

A moment passed before Daphne answered. "Draco won't let Pansy anywhere near you, and Paige isn't stupid enough to start a scene now." She ran a finger through Lauren's loose curls before continuing. "You look stunning, Lauren."

Lauren allowed herself to be satisfied with her reflection, green always complemented her eyes best. The sides of her romper were decorated with straps and pockets; both stylish and practical for snacks. She'd decided to only wear eyeliner and lip gloss, if she was going to attend she may as well look decent.

Neither of them bothered to wear shoes, they'd just be downstairs after all

The common room looked marvellous. The familiar green aura hung around the corners, Theodore had hooked up a charm to dim the lights and protrude a purple glow to compliment the green light. Fairy lights decorated the room, it was the cosiest it had ever looked. Multiple tables were pushed together to hold the snacks and numerous alcohols Draco and Lauren had managed to acquire.

Draco's eyes glanced up at the staircase upon hearing a door close, his eyes softened as they connected with Lauren's. He grinned and made his way over to the pair.

Holding out his hand he mused. "You look incredible, Laur." He whispered.

Lauren smiled widely. "You look incredible too, Dray." She whispered back. And he truly did, he'd opted for a dark green button up and black trousers. His signature platinum hair gelled to the side, making his jawline appear sharper. His top few buttons were undone, revealing a black necklace with a singular daisy on the end. Lauren's heart warmed as she was certain it was from the headpiece she had made him long ago.

Pansy grimaced at Lauren's happiness, it should be her dancing with Draco. She grit her teeth and whispered to her friend Millicent Bullstrode; a cocky and aggressive burly girl.

Millicent's beady dark eyes gleamed with pure wickedness at her friends suggestion. Carefully, she sashayed towards the Slytherin group. She knew they'd be weary of Pansy; but who would suspect her? Her fingers quickly unscrewed the poison into Lauren's drink. She smiled before retreating, ready to watch chaos happen.

Draco quietly asked her to dance and Lauren nodded. Pansy and Millicent watched angrily as she'd discarded the drink with her name clearly labelled.