Thirty

Easter was celebrated pretty heavily at Hogwarts. The elves took pride in their chocolate displays, candy arches and rabbit decorations. Majority of Lauren's friend group had already gone home for the holidays, aside from Draco.

The tension between the Slytherin group had worsened, Daphne and Blaise had agreed to not bring up the topic again. Unfortunately this resulted in a divide between the pairs as neither knew what to talk about. An unspoken sense of disappointment radiated from Daphne; she had barely said goodbye to Lauren before heading to the station.

Draco had made sure to create the best Easter for Lauren. Usually, he didn't care much about the holiday as the short break meant he couldn't see Lauren. This year, he'd prepared himself and their day ahead. He had opted for the usual large assortment of chocolate and candy and had managed to find a signed copy of Lauren's favourite Wicked Sisters album. He'd also enchanted a bouquet of white roses that would never wilt. It took an extra lesson from Professor Sprout; but he didn't mind.

The only other girl in Lauren's dormitory was a quiet, bespectacled small girl in her year called Marissa Lambert. Marissa was a nice girl, although timid and freckled and she wore her hair in tight plaits cascading down her back.

Lauren had made sure to leave some of Dooble's Best Blowing Bubblegum and a dozen chocolate frogs for Marissa

Lauren had made sure to leave some of Dooble's Best Blowing Bubblegum and a dozen chocolate frogs for Marissa. They weren't overly close but Marissa had always been sweet to Lauren. A nice difference than cold Daphne.

Lauren had made her way down the stairs Easter morning, careful not to wake Marissa as she enjoyed her lie ins. She hadn't bothered to dress up and opted for her Campbell's soup sweater and high waisted black jeans. She'd quickly ran her fingers through her curls to smooth them down and decided to go makeup free.

 She'd quickly ran her fingers through her curls to smooth them down and decided to go makeup free

She smiled as she picked up the large hamper she'd decorated for Draco. She'd felt similar guilt at being away from her family and wanted to make the day just as special. Usually, she'd hang with Estella and listen to her stories as she made art out of chocolate wrappers.

The hamper was filled with every kind of candy and chocolate possible from peppermint imps, to fizzing whizzbees. She'd also bought him a new black blazer as his old one had faded considerably and his favourite cologne. She was immensely proud of her efforts.