Eighteen

Daphne was released early next morning and met with her friends at breakfast. Paige was attached at the hip, carrying everything and making sure she had her medicine and food. Both her and Draco had become protective over their loved ones. It's terrifying to think the worst.

Snape was also made aware of what had happened and had punished Pansy and the others involved harshly. Months of detentions, no Hogsmeade trips and an order to stay clear of Lauren and Daphne. Both of them found it fitting and hoped it would last.

Tuesday meant the day of the first task in the triwizard tournament. A large sum of Hogwarts students were wearing the SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY badges on their robes. Classes were finishing at midday so the rest of the school could watch.

Lauren still couldn't put much pressure on either of her shoulders, due to nerve damage. Draco made sure to carry her belongings everywhere, he'd also gotten some cream from Professor Snape that helps with joint stiffness. Needless to say, she was grateful for him.

The day went by painfully slowly, both Defence Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration dragged on for eternity.

Finally, the bell chimed throughout the halls, signalling the end to classes and to make their way towards the arena for the tournament. Draco swung Lauren's book bag over his shoulder and led the way through the courtyards and down to the Quidditch pitch. The goal posts had been taken down, as well as the banners and the grandstands had been expanded to accommodate the extra guests. It circled around and resembled more of a colosseum. Lauren loved the Roman vibes.

Draco sat down first, Lauren beside him and Blaise on her other side. "Hope Potter fails, would be nice to cheer up." Draco solemnly said, Lauren couldn't help but giggle over how serious he sounded.

Blaise cracks a grin. "The git always manages to escape death, I'm just hoping for serious injury at this point."

Lauren rolled her eyes at their antics, the boys could be so competitive with each other. She didn't want Harry winning - but she didn't want him dead either. He's the only one who's survived Voldemort, the world needs him to stick around.

Just as everyone had sat down, Ludo Bagman's voice boomed. "Welcome to the first task of the TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT."

Everyone applauded and cheered, rampant to move onto the actual task. "Sit tight as each of our champions attempt to get past their designated dragons! And steal the golden egg!" He paused as more applauding and gasping echoed. Majority of the students had no idea about the dragons. "Yes yes, very exciting stuff - in dangerous cases we have our trained professionals at the ready with extinguishing charms. Now - let's begin - with Hogwarts champion number one.....Cedric Diggory!"

Lauren leant forward in her seat eagerly, she prayed he did well in the task. After him saving Daphne's life she was grateful for him. The kind Hufflepuff, whom didn't even know Daphne. She was eternally grateful.

Cedric walked out of the tent and into the limelight of the arena, the crowd went ballistic as the dragon was released. The enormous, electric blue monster spread its wings; enjoying the freedom. It bared its teeth as it's eyes found Cedric. Cedric looked terrified, but he tried his best to hide it as he held his wand ready.

"Swedish short snout, pretty safe dragon." Blaise whispered to Lauren. Of course he'd know all about dragons, he knew some random facts. But it did comfort Lauren a little bit to know it's not the worst dragon.

The dragon released a stream of fire, narrowly missing Cedric. People around them gasped and some stood up to get a better view.

"Ooh! That was a close one! He will have to move quicker if he wants that egg!" Bagman exclaimed.