Proposal - Steve Rogers

[D/N] - your Dad's name     [M/D] - your middle name (if you have one)     [Y/S] - your surname

Steve was a nervous wreck.

It was Christmas Eve and you two were visiting your family. Not for the first time. Your family had met Steve a few months prior to this visit and they absolutely loved him.

Your mom thought he was the perfect gentleman and your dad knew how much he loved you. Your 15 year old twin sisters, Raven and Autumn, were huge fans of Steve. Your older brother, Noah, had smirked at you glancing at Steve every now and then. He knew Steve from being a huge fan as well of Captain America when he was a young boy. Needless to say, the first visit had gone great.

What you didn't know was that Steve had asked your dad for your hand. He wanted to propose to you and he wanted your family's blessing. Lucky for him, your dad had patted his back and smiled softly, nodding.

And now Steve was going to propose. On Christmas Eve. In front of your family. After three years being with you.

He was an absolute nervous wreck.

You had noticed his nervousness, but you had looked over it, thinking he was just nervous about meeting your whole family---cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, and uncles---everyone was coming.

Once you told him that, he was practically trembling.

You reassured him that none of your family would hate him and judge---your family just wasn't like that. Of course, you didn't know the real reason why he was trembling.

He took a few deep breaths as the taxi drove up to your childhood home. You smiled at him which he tried his best to return. You almost didn't know that his smile was fake.

"It'll be fine," you said, reassuringly and softly. He nodded and you opened your door as he followed your actions. You glanced over at him, concerned. He started to take out the two suitcases as you tried to help. He waved his hand at you, telling you that he could do it. You stepped away as he bid goodbye to the driver.

"Come on," you urged, tugging on his hand and your suitcase. He walked in sync next to you as you approached the front door. Ringing the doorbell, you stepped back in case your sisters tackled you. However, it was your mom who opened the door with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh my gosh! [Y/N], my dear, and Steve! Come in, come in." She ushered you two in from the snow. She led you to the living room, after you and Steve put your suitcases in your childhood room.

"I am so glad your here hours earlier, [Y/N]. I need your help with the lasagna," she told you. You nodded, smiling at her. "And Steve, dear, [D/N] was wanting to speak to you once you got here. He's in his office, down the hall." Steve nodded before getting up and putting on his award winning smile.

"I remember where it is. Thank you," Steve said before waking out of the living room. You got up after a few moments, heading to the kitchen to help your mom with lasagna.

**Time Skip ~brought to you by Steve throwing his shield off target~**

"Hello!" Your cousins with their kids, aunts, and uncles had already settled in. Your brother was the last one there with his wife, Katherine, and his 2 year old twins, Summer and Dayton. "Your late!" You pretended to scold your brother as his twins giggles in amusement. You smiled and hugged him and Katherine. You then picked up the twins and went into the living room where your family sat.

The couches were occupied by the elders while your cousins and siblings sat on the floor, watching their kids and nieces/nephews. You joined Steve, sitting on his left, as he was currently getting tackled by most of the kids. You watched adoringly as Steve pretended to be hurt. The kids immediately got off of him, thinking they had really hurt him. Soon Steve grabbed Sammy, your cousin's adopted girl, and started to tickle her.

You let the twins sit and play on your lap, thinking they could get hurt playing with the other kids. Even though Steve was being careful, accidents could happen. Anyway, the twins were the youngest.

After a while, you started to call for the younger kids to sit in the middle for presents. They sat, eagerly waiting for their presents. You gave them their presents from the family and watched as the parents got their phones out and started to record them. Each of the kids were so excited to play with their new toys that they ran to the basement where the playroom was.

Then came Secret Santa. You and your cousins had a tradition of doing Secret Santa on Christmas Eve. You exchanged presents, sitting as the kids had before. You passed yours to Cassidy and received one from Matthew. You had gotten Cassidy her favourite brand of makeup and some magazines. Matthew gave you a ton of books that you wanted and a sweater which you wanted forever. You thanked him before getting up.

You were about to throw the wrapping paper away before you noticed an envelope in the middle of the circle. You bent down picking it up.

"Hey guys, whose is this?" You asked.

"There's a name at the back," Cassidy pointed out. You turned it in your hand to see it was addressed to you.

"It's for me," you mumbled. You opened the envelope to open the card. "Turn around," you read out loud. Turning around you saw Steve on one knee, holding a ring box.

Your hand comes to your mouth as tears blur your vision. He smiled softly and started to talk.

"[Y/N], I love you and I would anything for you. You're my light in the darkness. Without you, I can't see. Without you my life is nothing but darkness. I didn't know this when I met you. I didn't fall in love with right away. It wasn't love at first sight and I know it wasn't for you either. I fell in love with you little by little. Everyday I fell in love more and more with you. Everyday I love you more. Everyday I want to be with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So [Y/N] [M/N] [Y/S], will you marry me?"

Not trusting your words just yet, you nodded enthusiastically. He slid the ring on your finger and you finally spoke.

"Yes! yes! A thousand times yes!" Steve got up and picked you up, spinning you before letting you down and kissing you. Wolf whistles and claps were drowned down. You only wanted to capture the moment. With your fiancé.

———

So I posted twice today since the last chapter was small and I felt bad since it was so crappy. My bad.

Until next time!