Nights Like This - Loki Odinson

You loved nights like this. The soothing sound of the music playing from the recorder that you set up and wrapped up in your favourite blanket on the couch. The steaming mug of tea, made your cold hands heat up. The only thing missing was Loki.

You didn't know where he was or what he was doing, but you knew that he was with your daughter. She was her daddy's little princess anyway. Her black long hair, pale complexion, and green eyes were only some of the similarities those two had. Her cunningness and knack for getting into trouble was all his genes.

You had joked when you pregnant with her that you would go crazy if she took after her father. You jinxed yourself.

The two pushed your buttons and drove you up the wall. But you loved them still.

The soothing noise was drowned out when a loud squeal made its way into the air. You turned around in your spot to look at the scene unfolding.

"Daddy!" Your little princess was thrown into the air, laughing as Loki caught her and threw her again. If it was anyone else doing that to your daughter—sans Steve—you would stop them then and there. But Loki was her father and he would never drop her. In anyway.

"Hello." Your voice brought their attention to you and you smiled softly at the two. Loki made his way to you, holding your daughter up.

"Hello, my love. Did we disturb you?" Loki asked after placing a kiss on your hair. Your daughter, seeing her father kiss your hair, kissed you too. The gesture brought a smile to your face and you closed your eyes, sighing.

"Not at all."

Nights like these were the ones you loved.