Words - Chris Evans

The loud wail of a baby pierced through the sleeping house, just as the sun started to rise in the east. The stars that twinkled in the dark night sky, started to disappear, the only stars seem were in the far west. The house had started to light up, glowing with the sunrise.

The curtains in your room were closed shut, but that didn't stop you from stirring awake. The wailing of your baby boy had you sleepily pushing yourself up before two hands pushed you back down to lay on the bed.

"It's okay. I got him," Chris whispered into your ear in his morning voice. You hummed, closing your eyes shut and cuddling into the warmth of your blanket and pillow. You fell asleep again almost instantly, the tiredness from the past couple of days showing.

Chris's lips curled into a smile and started to pull his covers away, making sure to turn off the baby monitor—even if your son was wailing loud enough to hear without it. He grabbed his sweatpants, putting them on as he walked to the door, and grabbed the sweatshirt he threw on the floor last night. He opened the door slowly, glancing back at you with a soft smile on his face. He closed the door and walked to the room next to yours.

He opened the door, catching the glint of the night light you insisted getting for your baby boy. It was a Harry Potter night light and you had immediately wanted it for your baby. Chris had shook his head and grabbed it, a grin on his face. His smile took on a soft look as he walked over to the crib. You had not wanted a regular blue nursery for your baby, something about gender colours being stupid. You and Chris had spent a few days making the nursery gender neutral.

The walls were covered in different coloured clouds, realistic ones thanks to your pout when he drew a simple one. The picture frames were black along with all of the furniture. The crib, also black to match everything else, had your baby boy's name, James, written in white, cursive font that you had practiced so many times.

Chris scooped up your little boy and started to rock him back and forth, cooing him. Chris knew by the smell that he needed a diaper change. Chris, not wanting to wake you up for just this, started to clean up James's mess.

"You know, your mom thought that I wouldn't be able to do this," Chris whispered, remembering that James really loved to hear his voice. Even when you were pregnant with him, you said that he would always move or kick whenever Chris spoke. "I think I'm doing pretty good, don't you?" Chris leaned down, booping James's nose with his. James giggled and tried to grab Chris's face, but Chris had already pulled up, putting the new diaper on him. His foot automatically stepped on the pedal, opening up the lid, and throwing the dirty diaper away.

"Now, your mom can't say that I can't change your diaper," Chris said, picking up James gently. He cradled him close to his chest, seeing his eyes droop.

"Mama," James babbled before yawning and his eyes dropping shut.

Chris stood there in shock. James had said his first word—that too your name—and you weren't here. Oh, you were going to be so mad.

"Don't worry, I heard," you mumbled softly from the doorway, wearing his hoodie which covered you until mid thighs, seeing the shock on his face. Tears had welled up in your eyes at the sight of James and Chris, but now they had started to fall from James's first word. You sniffled and wiped your cheeks clean of your tears. You walked over to Chris and leaned your head on his shoulder. He gave you a kiss on your head.

"I love you," he whispered. You looked up to confirm who he was talking to. He was looking down at you with love and adoration clear in his eyes, face softer than you had ever seen it. "I love you for letting me into your life. I love you for marrying me. I love you for this family. I love everything about you, Y/N."

You were speechless for a second because, no matter how much he told you he loved you, he had never said anything more romantic.

"I love you too," you said after a second. He grinned and placed James into his crib, pulling his small blanket over him.

Chris grabbed your wrist, pulling you in front of him, and wrapped his arms around your waist. He placed his chin on your shoulder, breathing out deeply, his breath on your neck. His hand came up and he slid the neckline to the side to kiss your neck. Your breath hitched in your throat.

"I want another one," Chris sighed against your pulse point, right under your ear.

———

Hehehe, I loved the ending 😈. Leaves it to your imagination what happened next.

Posted on Tumblr first.

Until next time!