Real Family - Dad!RDJ

You twirled in your blue dress, your dad watching you from the door. His eyes wrinkled when he smiled at the beautiful sight in front of him. Your [H/C] hair was curled into fancy waves, reaching your waist. You smiled when you caught your dad smiling at you. He opened his arms for you and you walked towards him, wrapping your arms around his waist.

He sighed and kissed the top of your hair before pulling away, keeping his hands on your shoulders.

"You look ravishing," he said, eyes wrinkling again from his smiling face. You smiled back and fixed his tie.

"You cleaned up nice too," you mumbled, biting your lip as you fixed the tie. His hands grasped yours when you started to take them away.

"You know that the day you came into my life was one of the best days in my life, right?" His eyes found yours and you nodded once.

"I know," you whispered, feeling the tears prick at your eyes.

"The only thing that tops it, is the day you first called me dad," He told you, tears welling up in his eyes as he remembered the day.

You were reading and playing in your room when your foster mother, Susan, came in with a bowl of chips. She put it down and smiled at four year old you, watching you light up at the bowl of chips.

"Robert comes home today," she said softly. Your head perked up and you smiled shyly.

"Rob is coming back?" She nodded, sending you into a fit of giggles. Susan looked at you, confused as to why you were giggling. She quirked an eyebrow.

"What is it, [Y/N/N]?" You stopped giggling and smiled at her.

"Dad's behind you," you whispered, not realizing that you called Robert 'dad' for the first time. You went back to playing as Susan looked behind her to see Robert with teary eyes, looking at you.

You called Susan 'mom', a few days later, when you fell off of the couch, laughing as she tickled you.

"Wouldn't stop bragging it to mom, would you?"

"Never," he answered. "I still brag about it to her." He gave a look before sighing. "I can't believe it's been almost a decade since you first called me dad." You chuckled softly, looking down for a moment.

"You know," you started, "I thought that after Exton and Avri was born, you would---" you swallowed the forming lump in your throat---"you wouldn't give much attention to me. And I know, it was stupid, but I couldn't help feel that maybe you'd be busy with your real family---"

"You are my real family, [Y/N/N]. More than you know." Robert brought you in for a hug, resting his chin on your head.

"I love you, dad."

"I love you until the very end."

———

Anyone understood that reference? Or that one?

Hehehe.

Until next time!