Hurt - Steve Rogers

You hissed as a bullet grazed your shoulder, slitting it. The blood poured down your arm slowly. You put your hand on top of it and lost focus for a second, letting a second bullet graze your thigh.

"Everyone take cover. I'm going to burn the left-wing," you said into the com.

"Everyone copy?" You heard Tony's voice from the com.

"Isn't that dangerous for you, Y/N?" Steve's worried voice rang in your ear.

"Nope," you answered, popping the 'p'. "Too much energy in me. Gotta get it out." In all honesty, it was dangerous for you, but the odds of you and the others getting out, unharmed, of this Hydra base, were pretty slim.

Natasha and Clint had got an anonymous tip about the whereabouts of the Hydra base. Tony has insisted to go right away and Steve, still furious at Hydra for taking his best friend away, had agreed with a little persuasion. You tried to talk him out of it, telling him you guys weren't ready, but he took nothing. If he had listened, maybe the Avengers wouldn't have been in this situation; not prepared.

Your energy was at its peak and if you kept it in for any longer, you could die. The only other choice was to let it out now and deal with the consequences later.

"I'll be fine. I'm taking out the com." You took out the com as Tony started to speak. You knew he was about to tell Steve that it was, indeed, dangerous for you, but you had to do this.

You turned to the side and let the energy inside you burst. Your body glowed a bright red and you could only hope the Avengers had taken cover. Your body shook and trembled as flames engulfed you. The power ran through your veins, setting you on fire. You screamed as the pain got unbearable. You fell to the ground as the flames burst out of your control and exploded around you.

You coughed up blood as the smoke covered your sight. You looked at the damage your explosion did. The building was shaking and cracks were appearing on the walls. it was going to collapse any time now. The com, you saw, was melted into a puddle beside you. Your eyes fluttered closed and opened. You heard footsteps approach the hall, towards you.

Each breath was getting harder to take.

Your vision got blurry before it went all dark. The last thing you felt were arms wrapping around you.

**Time skip ~brought to you by the star-spangled man with a plan~**

"She's fine, Capsicle."

"Shut it, Tony."

"You're overreacting. She's fine."

"You're only saying that because you---don't---care."

"You think I don't care for Y/N? She was the one there for me when you almost killed me."

"Shut up you two," you groaned as you tried to get up. A sharp pain went through your head, causing you to let out another groan and lay back down. Steve rushed to your side and Tony to your other. They both glared at each other and then looked at you.

"Are you okay?"

"What were you thinking?"

"You lied to me."

"You could've died."

"What would I do without you?"

"What would the team be without you?"

The two rapidly talk each getting louder than the other.

"Kill me now," you muttered. The two stopped and looked at you.

"Don't you dare!" Tony said, wagging a finger your way.

"Shut it!" Steve firmly said to you.

"Help me up," you ordered them. Tony grabbed your arm, pulling lightly, and then putting a hand on your back while Steve propped up the pillow. You leaned on it and looked at your hands.