Midnight Cuddles - Tony Stark

Y/N - your name Y/S - your surname F/S - favourite snack

"Mr. Stark wishes to inform Miss [Y/S] that she is requested in the lab, immediately." You groaned as JARVIS' voice echoed in your room.

Usually, you didn't have a problem joining Tony in the lab, but in the middle of the night, it was a huge problem. You stretched your arms over your head and then sat up.

You and Tony were dating for almost a year now. The two of you met when Nick Fury assembled the Avengers and you joined as a trained SHIELD agent. Soon, you and Tony became best friends---thanks to your quick wit and intelligence, the two of you clicked. You were great with tech too, but you rather have someone else do it if you could. Tony and you were practically inseparable during the Avengers program.

Tony asked you out when Loki almost killed you while controlling Clint to attack you. You noticed then that you had the same feelings towards him as he did. Two months after the New York events, he asked you to move into his mansion. You gladly moved in and helped Pepper contain Tony. It was nearly impossible though.

He was like a child. Whining when he doesn't have something done his way. Pouting when you say no to dates due to his job responsibilities. Staying up at night, even when it's midnight, to tinker with his "toys".

He had been skipping sleep for a few days now and you were starting to get concerned for his health. That was why you decided to get up. Maybe you could get him to sleep with a little persuasion.

You shoved the blanket off of you, letting cold air hit you like a wave, making you shiver. You shivered more violently as your bare feet hit the cold hard floor. You slipped on some uggs which you had left by the door when you stumbled into your shared bedroom, after a mission. You yawned as JARVIS spoke again.

"Mr. Stark requested Miss [Y/S] to get some of his favourite snacks for him." You scoffed and rolled your eyes, but couldn't help smiling at the request.

You stepped into the kitchen and looked in the cabinets for some snacks. You found some blueberries, which Tony would love, and then some [F/S] for yourself. You turned on your heels, feeling butterflies erupt in your stomach as you saw Tony standing on the other side of the island.

No matter how long you've been with him, he always seemed to make you nervous, in a good way. He looked at you with a lopsided smile. You smiled at him and started to make your way towards him. He smiled softly and grabbed your wrist to pull you into a hug.

"Tony," you started, "you should be sleeping."

"Really? Didn't someone get like three hours of sleep in a year and was fine?" You pull away with a scowl on your face. He smirked and went to grab his snack. You stepped back, holding the blueberries behind you. He pouted and you raised an eyebrow.

"You have to sleep, Tony," you tried to reason with him.

"[Y/N], I can't---"

"But---"

"Look, can you come to the lab for a few minutes? I just wanted you to be there," Tony sighed, grabbing your hand and rubbing it slowly with his thumb, "I missed you." Your eyes soften and you nod.

"Fine."

"Can I have my blueberries now?" You grinned and handed his blueberries over. He snaked his arm around your waist and led you down to his lab. Once you got there, you noticed he made different versions of his suit, each different than the other. He sat on a stool and beckoned you to sit in his lap. You smiled as you sat horizontally on his lap. You rested your head on his shoulder and opened [F/S] to eat.

In little time, you finished your snack and watched Tony work, sometimes giving suggestions. You yawned and started to nod off. Tony noticed and readjusted himself and you. You now straddled him with your legs around his waist and your chest against his.

You gave him a feather kiss under his ear and mumbled, "Thank you." You drifted off and heard a mumbled 'Of course' from Tony.

**Time skip ~brought to you by Tony "You want my property? You can't have it!" Stark**

You woke up to a mumble of curse words and metal clanking with the floor. You opened your eyes to see Tony mumbling in his sleep.

The two of you were now on the couch---Tony must've moved the two of you as you could've slept wrong and pulled a muscle.

You were laid on top of him with your head on his chest, next to the arc reactor. Your legs were tangled and a small blanket was thrown on you.

Tony mumbled a little more before you noticed he was having a nightmare.

"Tony. Tony. Tony," you whispered, trying to wake him up carefully. "Tony, babe. Tony---" You let out a yelp as a hand grabbed your wrist roughly and threw you down from the couch. "Tony!" You screamed as you looked up to see the Iron Suit waking toward you, hand up to fire. You looked over at Tony who shot up and deactivated the suit before it could fire at you.

You let out a sigh of relief. Tony looked at you with guilt and fear etched on his face. He quickly made his face expressionless, but you knew better.

"Tony," you whispered and Tony came to help you up.

"I---It's fine now. We can sleep," Tony said, dragging you back on the couch.

"Tony?" You asked and he hummed. "Can we cuddle and just talk?" He glanced at you and nodded.

"Sure, honey." Tony laid on the couch and you sat in the V of his legs, your back pressed on his chest. He slipped his arms around you and snuggled his head into the crook of your neck. You put your hands over his and spoke in a soft voice.

"What was it about?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tony's voice came muffled and sent shivers down your back.

"The nightmare, sweetheart," you said softly, but firmly. "What was it about?" He picked his head up and you turned a little so you could see his face. His head was thrown back and his eyes were closed. You cupped his cheek and waited for him to look at you.

"Tell me, Tony, please."

"New York." He gulped and you snuggled closer to him. He tightened his grip on you and you both fell silent.

"I love you." Tony's voice echoed around the living room. The two had never said it before. You looked up at him and he was giving you a small smirk. You furrowed your eyebrows and saw the smirk falter. You smiled.

"I love you too." You didn't even think about it. It just felt right.

"Thank god! I thought you wouldn't say it back." You laughed softly before he smashed his lips to yours. "I love you too much [Y/N]. Too much."

"I'm sure I love you more."

"That's impossible."

"No, I do."

"There's no way, honey." Tony trailed kisses down your neck.

"Oh?"

"I can show you how much I love you right now."

You leaned forward and whispered into his ear, "Then what are you waiting for?" Tony turned you around and you wrapped your legs around his waist. He smashed his lips to yours and the rest of the night was spent in bliss.