Another Lifetime - Bucky Barnes

He cradled your one year old daughter in his arms, whispering soothing nonsense into her ear. Sighing when she wailed louder, Bucky started telling her about you.

"Your mama was the best thing that happened to me before you. She was an incredible doll and perfect in every way. She walked in with this pride and smiled at everyone, even me. She met me when I was still adjusting to be an Avenger. She was encouraging me to do better by just smiling at me. We became friends after I got the guts to talk to her. I fell in love with her when she showed her fierceness on a mission. The night I kissed her was when she took me to get ice cream after I had a nightmare." Bucky sighed, remembering that night.

"Let's get ice cream then," you said, getting off the sofa and pulling out some shoes. Bucky raised an eyebrow.

"At night?" He asked. You nodded. "This late?" He added. You nodded once more, putting on a hoodie and passing one of his to him.

"Yes because ice cream cheers me up and maybe it'll do the same for you," you responded. Bucky rolled his eyes, smiling at your antics.

"Alright," Bucky mumbled, loud enough for you to hear. You grinned and pulled him by his hand out of your room and the Avengers tower.

"She had ice cream on lips and I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her. So, I did. And she kissed me back. I fell hard for her. Soon after that we started to date and then I popped the question. She said yes immediately. We got married and settled down. Your uncle Steve was my best man. When I saw her walking down the aisle, I lost focus on everything but her. It was like she was the only one there. The only one that mattered.

"Six months later, on Christmas morning, she told me you were going to join our family. I was tearing up just thinking about you. And here you are, my princess." Bucky's eyes filled with tears as his eyes gazed over your daughter. She had stopped wailing and was drifting off.

"Steve, where is she?" Bucky didn't say your name but Steve knew who he was looking for. Steve lowered his eyes from Bucky's. Bucky stumbled back as though someone shoved him. The ache in his heart only grew when Steve put a hand on his shoulder. Bucky looked up at him with tears eyes.

"Her body?" Bucky whispered, unable to say anything else. He wanted to see you one more time. Steve shook his head.

In a low voice, Steve said, "It was a bomb. She didn't... where's Ella?" Bucky's eyes darted to the room where Ella laid sound asleep, not knowing that her mama was gone forever.

"You and your mama have my heart forever," he whispered, kissing your daughter's forehead. "Even when she isn't here."

You're the adrenaline in my veins
sending shivers down my spine
but we had to save our love
for another lifetime

———

Im not crying, my eyes are sweating. This broke my heart, but I had no idea what to do. I'm enjoying writing these emotional imagines but at the same time it's breaking my heart.

Oh well.

There are two more coming out like this one so be ready.

Until next time!