Why I Love You - Bucky Barnes

"Why do you love me?" Bucky's voice broke the comfortable silence the two of you were drowning in.

You and Bucky sat on your shared bed, sitting up against the headboard. Your head was resting against his shoulder while his metal arm was slung across your shoulders. His metal hand was massaging your left shoulder, relaxing you. Your legs were tangled up and your hands were playing with his flesh one.

"Why do you love me?" You asked, bringing one of your hands to his chest. His heart was beating rapidly but you didn't comment on it. Your heart did the same.

His blue eyes met yours and, not for the first time, your breath hitched in your throat. The intense gaze he had on you made your soul feel naked. It was like he was gazing into your mind, heart, and soul at the same time. Like he was putting you together piece by piece. His eyes flickered around your face, in a way that made you think he was memorizing everything about you.

"I love you for who you are," he began softly, staring into your eyes still. "Your personality, your eyes, hair, body, everything. I love everything about you."

"That's how it is for me." You dropped your eyes to his left shoulder where metal met the skin. Where the scars adorned his skin, reminding you what he went through. "Your everything is what I love. Perfections and imperfections. I love all of you." Your eyes darted back up to his.

"Really?" He sighed, watching as you nodded, your lips curled into a smile.

"I love the way you scrunch up your nose when you laugh. The way your eyebrows furrow when you're thinking. The way the creases appear on your forehead when Sam starts an argument with you. The way you cuddle with me when I'm having a hard day. The way you care for others. The way you deal with your demons. I love you."

———

Posted on Tumblr first.

Until next time!