Chapter 25

Enjoy :)

4 Months Later (Just wait my friends :))

Some things never change, do they? WHY  do I say that you ask? 

WELL!

Right now it is... 8:45 am? What time am I supposed to be at work? 8!

just my luck!

Yes, once again I am stopped at red light traffic because some bozo decided it would be great to get into a car accident this morning. 

The ONE morning I have to go to work. 

Usually, I work from home or I travel to talk to new writers but today I had 3 meetings and of course, they start at 10 am, but I want to be early.

I finally pull my large Subaru into a parking spot at the huge company building. I step out grabbing my beige trench coat and purse, I unconsciously wipe off my black suit pants and mess with my loose, white, long-sleeved shirt that's tucked into my pants.

I use the car fob to lock the car door not before checking my new space grey mac book pro, iPhone, gum, wallet, and now car keys are in my purse. 

I walk into the building smiling at the receptionists and the bodyguards we have at the front door and some other colleagues. I hop into the elevator and smile at the people around me.

I bought the Subaru Ascent about 2 months ago because I decided I had already gotten used to it and I am a creature of habit. 

I step off at the 7th of the 14 floors. 

Yes. 14.

And walk to my office. My boss Miriam is one of the nicest and scariest people I've ever met. She is very nice outside of work, but when we are at work she is very hard on everyone.

I look at my small wristwatch that reads 9:37 am. I sigh and open my glass door to my office, dropping my purse, setting my mac up, taking my coat off, and sitting down. 

It's only 9 AM and I already feel dead. 

I go through my emails and calendar and write them down on one of the two massive whiteboards I have in my office. One is made like a calendar and the other is just for when I am teaching or editing.

I rush to my first meeting and it goes pretty smooth, at 11:45 I had a meeting with some of our new writers, and finally a lunch break. 

For lunch, I went down the street to this new O-LETTUCE store that was essentially a salad store where they only made random types of salads. 

I got one that had the regular veggies but with bacon :) 

At 2:58 I made it to my 3 PM meetings that consisted of basically me talking to some of our writers and going over their topics and getting them approved.

I had some video calls with people in Washington from 4-5 pm and then I spent from 5-6 pm editing some people's article drafts and calling a few of our other branches in different states. 

And now we are here, 6:15 pm doing nothing but sitting in my office not entirely sure what to do with my day. 

about half of the 50 workers on this floor are still here and the rest left. I decided I should have a binge night. 

I sigh standing up and packing up my laptop and ID (what I use to get into the confidential files or getting into the office period). I then do my usual double-check for wallet, gum, car fob, laptop, ID, and any other things I brought with me.