Chapter 21

Wanted to take a quick minute and say AHHHHHHHHH VIEWSSSS thank you so much for taking the time and opening my story, schools intense right now, but I am still hoping to produce some good work! Please vote! Your votes and positive comments give me the motivation to write! 

Also, it is TOTALLY normal for you to be lost in this chapter, that's the point. I haven't explained anything yet. ALSO clarification, I am not going to say what it is but as you are reading make sure to check for it because I'll spoil if I put it here. But I don't know if I mentioned this before but use this chapter as a reference. Ignore what  I said in the past about said "thing".

Enjoy

The sound of my black Nike's lightly hitting the marble could barely be heard over the pouring rain as I rolled my luggage pieces to the exit. I stopped in the bathroom and as I washed my hands I put my purse (from the photo a couple of chapters ago) on the counter and looked at myself.

My wavy brown hair was in a messy bun and I was in a simple black hoodie and black leggings that made my thin long legs look longer.

I shook my head, washed my hands, and grabbed my purse checking for my passport, wallet, and any other essentials. I turn my wrist to look at my apple watch encased in a light violet color strap, the time is 4:28 pm. I walk out of the bathroom and start pushing my 2 roller luggage next to me and turn down the different hallways.

I follow the signs for rental car services. I take the elevator and I walk to the car park, where after about an hour of consulting the worker there I end up picking a car. It was much, much bigger than I need but it would have to do.

I ended up getting given a new white Subaru Ascent, and even though I had told them I did not want an enormous SUV, this is going to have to suffice. I grab the key and put my luggage in the extremely large trunk and smile and wave a thank you.

I jump in the driver's seat and toss my purse on the passenger's side. I set up my phone's navigation system and then put the key in the ignition and take a deep breath and look around the car, it felt as if I was driving a minivan. It was too much space.

I shook my head and switched the gear to drive. It was super smooth as if I was on a cloud. I shook my head knowing if I continued to think, I'd think about how much has happened in the last 14 hours. And that is the last thing I need. 

And with that, I apply pressure to the gas pedal and that was it. I was driving away, and starting my own life. A new one. 

I made it and merged onto the high way, I lean over and start to look for music channels and I find one that's the pop station and is playing Blinding Lights by The Weeknd. I smile and start to jam. 

After about 45 minutes I pull off the high way, and slowly my memory comes back to me. I lean over at the next red light and turn my phone off and toss it in my purse. I need an adventure anyway. 

And slowly but surely I made it to my destination, everything was exactly the same. I pull this hunkin SUV into the driveway and grab my purse. (Why yes, I do have anxiety about losing things so you can guess what I do next) I check to make sure all of my essentials are there, swing it over my shoulder, and pull the key out of the ignition.

I open my door and step out breathing in the fresh Arizona air. The neighborhood is still the way I remember it, I shut the driver's side door and use the fob (big block thingy with the buttons that open the drunk, unlock the doors, lock them, and cause an alarm to go off) to lock the door hearing the satisfying honks when they're locked.