Chapter 1

EDITED

Nataza POV

Oh my god!!! I'm so late!! I rush around my New York City apartment trying to get my cup of coffee in a thermos and my purse ready to go. 

I'm wearing a simple tight skirt that goes to the knees and a white loose top and black high heels, my light brown wavy hair is blow-dried so it goes down in its nice natural waves. Finally ready and my purse is ready I grab my purse car keys a thermos.

 I run outside and hop in my Toyota RAV4. I immediately start the engine and pull-out. I drive for about 10 minutes, I pull into the New York Times parking lot. I grab everything and run inside and before I get inside I click the buttons on my keys that cause my car to make the satisfying click noise telling you the car is locked.

 I run past the front desk while saying good morning to the desk lady Francesca. I sprint into the elevator (at least the best I can in heels) and hit floor 3. 3 minutes later the ding noise happens an I jog to my cubicle accord from my best friend violet. 

"Your late!!" Violet states

"Really I hadn't noticed" I respond sarcastically. She rolls her eyes and turns back to typing.

 I print out my writing document and make my way over to my editor's office. I knock on the door and I hear a muffled "come in". I twist the doorknob and step inside.

"Good morning Mr. Webber here's my article you asked for" he smiles warmly.

"Alright thank you Nataza, I'll have it done by... Thursday?" I smile and nod my head. I turn around and shut the door after me.

 I make my way back to my cubicle and sit down. I'm searching for my emails when my iPhone 4s starts to ring.

"Hello?" I answer

"Hi! Nat"

"Oh hey em what up?"

"Did you get the article turned in?" Em questions

"Yes I did!" I said excitedly

"And you said that after that you had nothing to do?"

"Yes," I say cautiously, knowing Em.. It could be bad.. REALLY  bad.

"Well, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come over for dinner?"

"Anything else?" I said suspiciously

"Nope just dinner! But I need you to pick up some groceries I already texted you the List"

"Alright will do Em"

"Thanks boo" She says

"Alright bye," and with that we ended the call. I turn around to face violet "Are you going to dinner?"

"Yes ma'am I am, but I'm in charge of getting the napkins and silverware" She says dramatically.

I smile and nod and we continue working. After that I spent the rest helping get articles ready for others. Soon it was already 6 pm and Violet and I pack up and head out. 

I hop in my car and drive off to Publix. Once inside I grab a cart and practically throw everything in the cart that I need (A long day at work means a long nights rest for me) this including the specific type of red roses that Em requested, not dark red but not too bright...? A Juliet rose?