Chapter 30

Important authors note at the end of the chapter! First chapter in at least a year, maybe a bit less. I hope you enjoy!

                                                                    ~       ~          ~     ~    ~   ~  ~  ~ ~ ~

"God D*mmit Callum, what did I tell you about leaving the toilet seat up?" I yell down the hall- my voice echoing to the den. 

"Sorry Mrs. Grey, I was in a rush. The big boss called me and didn't have time to close it. Sorry Ma'am" He responds. 

I sigh as I walk out the bathroom to the kitchen island making myself a fresh cup of tea. I casually glance to the den where the two guards that Greyson had assigned to me were sitting on the sectional sofa tentatively watching the Sunday reruns of football. 

I take a seat at the kitchen island and check my email for about 20 minutes, I stand up and go to my office upstairs to take some work calls- carefully keeping my eyes on the clock.  I correct a bunch of peoples articles, and unfortunately stub many ideas.

I did a long interview with someone who wanted to be one of our writers and to say she blew my socks off would be an understatement. She was amazing- and the work she had done in the past was the same.

 I glance up at the clock and sigh, apologizing to her that I must go. We had to be on schedule today, this was important. 

I shut my laptop and I lazily walk down the stairs and sit in between Callum and Travis in the middle of the sofa and watch with a bored expression as the commentators go over each players status and their 100 yard sprint times. 

I get bored and turn to the other guard sitting on my left, "Travis, are we still going to *cough*"

He glances away from the tv and smiles- "yes ma'am, everything on schedule. What time were you hoping to leave?" he asks.

I tap on my Apple Watch and see the time reads 10:43am. "I think we should leave around 12 if that works for you?" He laughs and says-

"Of course ma'am, we work on your clock" I smile and nod, heading for the stairs to get changed.

I work quickly to take a shower and change in record time. I quickly change into a pair of skinny jeans that have bell bottoms, a pair of black, strappy Teva  flip flops, and a t-shirt. I brush through my hair and leave it to dry on its own. 

I grab my phone and the fob to the black G-Wagon (Picture above) that Grey had let me pick out, and my Kate Spade Monica Satchel in Black and ran downstairs excited for what was to come. 

After letting Callum lock the front door while Travis and I go through the garage and pull my car out to the front, Callum piles in the back and we were off. 

it took about an hour to get to the destination and the entire time was filled with Travis and Callum arguing about what the line ups would be for the next season, and eventually which one of the two had a better arm. 

An hour. An hour of football.

We pulled into the Parking lot that was completely packed. I grunt knowing how annoying it will be to park. I find a spot in the middle and slowly pull in before putting the car in park. I was excited- and I know that Grey will be too.

We jump out of the car and walk together to the sliding doors, the AC hitting us the minute we step in. I read all the signs, guiding the three of us to the baggage claim area where we wait at the belt that says the flight number on it. 

Finally. 

The screen reads landed in bright green lettering. Travis begins to calmly look around and circle the area while Callum stands with me. 

I look around excitedly. Any minute now.  

"Nat!" I jerk, looking around. And there she was. I was running.

I wrap my arms around her gently and squeeze- 

"Hi, Mel"

-- - -  - - - -- -- - - -- -- - - -- -- - - -- - -- - - - 

Hello! So, I took a hiatus to finish off high school, get out of there and finally be able to dedicate some genuine time to Wattpad and my supportive readers!

I know I have never been a good updater and I'm hoping that's something I can work on but I want to see how many views and votes I get on this to see if this book is worth continuing and editing because I don't want to waist any of your time. I do hope that this book is here to still bring people joy, as much if not more than it brings me to write it.

I also needed some time to figure out my storyline because for awhile it felt as though every chapter was a filler chapter. I now feel as though I can go ahead and continue writing where I left off and keep editing to ensure that this book is something that isn't painful to read.

I hope you're all doing well, I can no longer say stay home stay safe because we've "moved on" from that stage in this pandemic, so I guess I need a new "saying".

STAY SAFE.
STAY STRONG. 

I love you all so much, thank you for sticking around, and welcome to all the new readers!

- Mads