chapter 5

I watch out the window as the cold landscape of the busy city passes by us. I already feel my eyes starting to droop since my sleep schedule, no thanks do dimwit over here, is now messed up.

We pull up in front of the GG building and I step out of the SUV and waited for Mr. Grey after me. I am still wearing the same outfit (purple knee-length dress, heavy ski socks, and knee-high brown leather high heeled boots that show the very top of the ski socks and a heavy jacket.) and we walk to the glass doors.

The security opens the door, and I am about to walk in when I feel a burning gaze on the side of my head, and I come face to face with Mr. Greys piercing eyes. I stop walking and he walks in front of me. I shake my head and roll my eyes and follow him.

A tall blonde woman with her hair in a neat bun comes up to us from the front desk and hands me my ID, I say thank you and she smiles back at me. I quickly jog to the elevator to catch up with Mr. Grey and feeling a bit self-conscious because my heels are being slightly loud.

As we get into the elevator, I remind myself that I need to go shopping after work for some new professional clothes. We arrive at the 14th floor and it's beautiful, all the walls are glass excluding the walls that have the private executive offices inside, and the side with the elevators.

In the middle, each person has a large cubicle, but a large desk, and the chairs have memory foam. It, in general, is busy, some people talking, some working individually but very well organized.

"Alright Nataza, you will be guided today by Noella, she is one of my other assistants who has worked here for quite a while and got moved to another editor on this floor's service." He turns to Noella "Be nice" he said smiling and walking away.

The minute he walks away, it is as if Satan swallowed her whole, her smile dropped, and she stood taller. She glared at me but then smiled.

"I wish I had your complexion," she says. Before I could respond she continues, "Anyway, so this is your desk, a few feet across from your cubicle is the door of the office of Mr. Grey, knock before entering. We have a snack and coffee bar on floor 7 so if you plan on going, give yourself time. Check with Mr. Grey at least 5 times a day, when you get here in the morning 7:30 AM, at lunch at 12:30, whether you take lunch at that time or not these are the times. Then again at 3:30 and right before you leave at 5:30-6."

 She sighs and switches her stance, "Best get acquainted with the people around you because you will need that support. But don't get too acquainted because you'll be gone like the next one" and with that, she walked away.

I shake my head and pull out the new Mac Book pro Mr. Grey gave me and start logging in. I settle and make my Apple ID and all that rubbish. I log into my work email and get situated in my chair. I look at my watch and see the time is 7:15 AM.

I nod to myself, stand up and walk to Mr. Grey's door. I knock and I hear a deep delicious "Come in."

I shake my head and open the door and close it behind me. "Hello Mr. Grey, I was told to check in at 7:30 with you for my schedule". A moment of silence passes before he speaks. He connects his grey eyes with me and says,