Chapter 7

(EDITED)

I woke up alone in my bed that Greyson had given to me last night. I sigh remembering what happened the night before. 

I like your outfit.

I shame myself mentally for feeling butterflies when I thought of him. I freshen up and head downstairs. 

On the way down I stare at my large engagement ring, it is beautiful but it's a shame it's for a lie.

I make it to the kitchen and nobody is there except for one girl standing at the counter. She looks about 18-19 and is in dri-fit shorts and a blue t-shirt. She turns around and sees and me and starts squealing. 

She is like a female copy of my fiancee.

"Oh my god" 

"Oh my god."

"Oh my f*cking god!!" She says repeatedly. She put her coffee cup down and started jumping in place. She speed walks to me and sticks out her hand. 

"Hi, I'm Melanie! But you can call me Mel of course, It's so nice to meet you! Greyson told me about you and I knew the minute I saw your photo on your application you were someone special!"

Still being asleep I was zoned out and just shook her hand, "Hey, sorry I'm pretty tired, but it's nice to meet you!" 

"Would you like some coffee?" She asks

"Please" I respond. 

I wonder what could be wrong with this little ball of light?

She pours me some and I smile in recognition. We talk for about 30 more minutes before Greyson walks downstairs in just some low-hanging sweatpants and I feel my coffee get inhaled to my lungs but I hold in my cough and turn pink.

He smirks seeing my reaction and gets himself some coffee. He runs his hands through his dark brown hair and his grey eyes make eye contact with my green ones. 

He walks behind me and kisses my neck, I hear Melanie gag and I smile. 

"Today we're going to an orphanage today that I have been a CEO of and I donate to, dress somewhat formally. Are you good with kids?" He asks

"I haven't spent too much time with them, but I can try" I respond. 

"Okay, meet at the entryway in 30 minutes." And that's all he says before he walks out.

Mel and I talk for another 10 minutes before we see the time and start rushing upstairs. I take a shower and change into a tight, mid-thigh length white dress that is a formal and simple dress but the white fabric stops at the shoulders and the sleeves are lace. (IMAGE ABOVE)