twenty five | diary and ring

Renjun and Jeno scan the dark and brooding Slytherin common room. Wow, sure is lively in here.

  They tail Donghyuck as he approaches the black, big couches and they sit facing each other- 'Draco' and 'Jaemin' together while Hyuck sits alone.

  "That muggleborn is infuriating! Talking to me like she's powerful and all! Huh, she wishes," the latter complains angrily.

  Renjun frowns but contains his disapproval. "She is always like that, isn't she?"

  "So what? You expect me to just endure it? Didn't you hear what she said to me just now?? She thinks she's all mighty!"

  "She's probably fed up," Renjun scoffs vainly and gags internally after.

  Donghyuck suddenly, turns to 'Jaemin.' "What's up with you? Quiet so suddenly."

  Jeno flinches subtly, unsure of what to answer. "Uh, I've got a sore throat." 

  "Strange. But, anyways, the audacity of them to accuse me of stealing the old fool's ring is unbelievable! Do you think they found out that I stole Renjun's flimsy diary?" 

  'Draco' furrows. "What?" 

  Hyuck arches a brow. "I stole Renjun's diary a while back, remember? He went asking around for it like his life depended on it. He didn't even write anything in it! Such a nerd."

  Renjun clenches his fist. Yeah, it's true he didn't write anything in it but it's because the ink wouldn't stay. In fact, the book replied to him and he found it spooky so he just left it on his table but the moment he turned, it was gone. "Why did you steal it again?" 

  The younger shrugs. "I'm not sure. His parents suddenly, brought it up. They said something about a black diary being in the hands of a student in Hogwarts and told us to take it."

  He points at 'Jaemin,' referring to his parents. 

  "My?" Jeno sounds, forgetting for a second that he's playing a role and is shocked by the fact that he has parents.

  Because, he's most certain that he had them.

  Almost all of the whole group as well. Jeno, Jisung and Ama lost their parents when they were young.

  Mark, Renjun and Chenle live only with one parent as the other is dead.

  It's part of what makes them all so close- the understanding of how it feels to lose someone and the affection they give to one another to fill the emptiness.

  "Yes, your parents. What is the matter with you? You're so out of it," Donghyuck snaps.

  Jeno shakes his head. "Nothing."

  "That's weird. Did they tell you to steal the ring as well?" Renjun asks and Donghyuck frowns at him.

  "No! A million times, no!" He bursts but then, stares at the ground, deep in thought. "But, I have seen it before from one of aunt or uncle's books. The image of that ring along with the diary."

  Renjun furrows. "Why would they have pictures of that?"

  "I wondered the same so I asked. They told me the objects were horcruxes- whatever that means. Apparently, they're very important to the Dark Lord."

  'Jaemin's' brows knit in confusion. "Wait, dark lord?"

  Donghyuck nods. "They all hold the key to the Dark Lord's return and Ama is a part of it, as well."

  "What??" 'Draco' blurts but quickly regains his composure. "She...is?"

  "Gosh, stop being such a scaredy-cat, Malfoy. If the Dark Lord does return, we'll be unharmed. We're on his side, remember?"

  It irks the actors terribly.

  "Yes, we are," 'Draco' and 'Jaemin' respond passionlessly.

  Donghyuck starts talking about how deadly boring his classes were and how he managed to hang Neville by a chandelier when 'Draco's' platinum roots start turning brown.

  Jeno's eyes widen as he stares before mouthing. "Hair."

  Renjun does the same with his eyes when he sees the other's eyes beginning to change- his pretty under eye mole surfaces. "Eyes."

  "And Iㅡ Where are you going?" Donghyuck queries with a frown when he sees them rushing out.

  "Lavatory!" They shout and disappear out the doors.