sixty one | i must not tell lies

Jeno searches around the halls and spots a Slytherin classmate of Amaryllis' during Care of Magical Creatures.

  "Rosa! Rosa!"

  The ginger head girl turns with questioning, raised brows.
"Oh, Jeno. What is it?"

  "Have you seen Ama? We've been trying to find her but the last time we saw her was during morning classes. She was gone starting recess," Jeno explains and suddenly, a downcasted look forms on her face.

  "Haven't you heard? The Hufflepuff girls' dormitory was inspected last night and she was found carrying an item of 'dark magic.' I personally, don't believe it. Ama's nice and wise. She wouldn't carry such a thing," Rosa tells.
"Apparently, she'll be having detention after her classes starting today. It's supposed to be after her evening classes but, I suppose Umbridge decided to drag her in early."

  Jeno takes a step back, breathless at the news.

  He quickly thanks her and swivels to run to Umbridge's staffroom when he's met face to face with Renjun who has been standing behind him and heard his whole interaction.

  His pale face spells horror and his white, parted lips quiver. "Her dorm was searched?"

  The older doesn't want to suspect. But, judging from his strong reaction, it seems like there's something more about it- something Renjun knows and he doesn't.

  "Come on," Jeno rushes and they head over to Dolores' room.

  They dash through the moving crowds, worried of their friend's fate when they're suddenly, obstructed by Luna.

  "Where are you two going?" She asks softly and they step on their brakes.

  "Sorry, Luna. But, we can't talk right now. We have to go to Professor Umbridge's staff and see Ama," Renjun explains and the dazed girl tilts her head ever so slightly.

  "Ama isn't there. I just saw her- making her way to the kitchen. She looked a bit sad. Maybe, she's hungry?" Luna wonders with her soft tone almost blending in with the wind.

  Jeno thinks. "That's where the Hufflepuff common room is. Thank you, Luna!"

  "You're welcome." She smiles feebly and waves lightly.

  Jeno quickly taps the barrels according to the tune when saying 'Helga Hufflepuff' and they open to reveal the entrance to the common room.

  Renjun admires the cozy, warm room that feels like home the moment he enters despite it being so different than his house's common room.

  Considering it's during lesson hours, there should be no students.

  But, Amaryllis lays on the big, soft couch with eyes shut and chest heaving slowly and steadily.

  She still wears her school robe and its long sleeves hide her arms that dangle from the couch.

  "She's asleep," Renjun points out. "But, she looks... fine. I was afraid Professor Umbridge would use the old punishment ways but, I guess not."

  Jeno stares at her and takes quiet steps closer. "She's not fine."

  Renjun furrows in confusion when Jeno slowly goes on his knees and gently strokes her cold cheek that glistens ever so softly with dried tears.

  "She cried."

  The older kneels beside Jeno and sees the lustre of her skin, as well. He gasps and lifts her arms to her stomach so he can get closer.

  But the sleeves then, fall and reveal her bare hands which appall her friends more.

  Words are cut into her skin and the fresh wounds are bright red and some are even bleeding subtly.

  I must not tell lies,

  Jeno and Renjun read in their head and they look at each other with miens mixed with both concern and sympathy but at the same time, anger.