sixteen | it's begun

"Welcome home, darlings!" Selestia Na, Jaemin's mother, who happens to be sisters with Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa, greets the arrival of her son and nephew.

  She, as usual proceeds to hug the two with Jaemin reciprocating and Donghyuck standing like a statue.

  "Such a sight for sore eyes! Now! Off to your rooms, tidy yourself up and we shall have a lovely dinner together!" Selestia chirps before skipping to the kitchen.

  Just like Bellatrix, she's a bit jumpy and maniacal herself- just less vain. But nevertheless, she's not nice, either.

  "So, you're going to tell her?" Donghyuck asks, referring to the Ama incident.

  Jaemin drops his bag onto his bed. "If I don't, will you?"

  "Are you insane?" Hyuck scowls and Jaemin scoffs in cognizance.

  "Thought so."

  They walk down the stairs and meet Na Mingyu, Jaemin's father who just came home.

  "Ah, the little misfits have arrived," Mingyu says and Hyuck grumbles- walking pass while Jaemin stops to greet.

  They proceed with dinner in their mansion's great dining area and silence overtakes as they chew.

  But, Mingyu abruptly brings up a certain topic after he takes a sip of water from his chalice.
"So, how was school?"

  The silence becomes more deafening than it was before.

  "I heard a little story that one of my sons had been caught up in some... trouble," he says slowly while eyeing the two young adults. "Hm, Donghyuck?"

  The lad frowns, averting his gaze before glaring at the parent when he starts being persistent.

  "Who was it, Donghyuck?"

  "No one of importance."

  "I never asked for rank. I asked for who."

  Hyuck hesitates briefly. For what reason, he's unsure but Mingyu can be quite daunting.
"A hufflepuff... Amaryllis Zachary."

  Mingyu's brows press at the familiar name. "Zachary... I've heard before. What's her status?"

  Jaemin's brown orbs shift to Donghyuck, curious yet, simultaneously dreading his next words.

  The older gulps inconspicuously amidst his pause. "A mudblood."

  And just like that, Selestia cackles while Mingyu booms in laughter- both treating like it's the most humorous thing they've ever heard.

  "Excellent, Donghyuck! Those dirty mudbloods have no place with us pure wizards and witches!" Mingyu declares proudly. "It is honestly such a dreadful decision on how they let such soiled things to even step into our world."

  Donghyuck and Jaemin stay silent. For once, they don't add fuel to the fire.

  "So, tell me, boy. What did you actually do to this Ama?" Mingyu asks and wipes the tear in his eye from his historical laughter.

  The young lad pokes on his veggies. "Frankly, I didn't do anything. I found her when she was already unconscious."

  "Unconscious?" The older man echoes. "What caused it?"

  "I honestly don't know and as far as I'm aware, she hasn't woken up yet," Hyuck tells.

  Jaemin nods. "They say she's malnourished."

  "Oh, poppycock!" Selestia exclaims and waves her hand to show her disagreement. "It's obviously not from that! That old Dumbledore must've known something and lied to hide the truth!"

  Mingyu brings his hands together and his fingers tap every once in a while as he thinks deeply.
"Did you notice anything else when you found her?"

  Jaemin and Donghyuck furrow. Both hold the same thought in their head, Why is he suddenly showing so much interest?

  "Nothing," Hyuck answers but an abrupt memory surfaces and he lifts his head up again to his uncle. "However, I did see some grey smoke but I can't make out whether it was flying by her or towards her. I thought it was one of the school ghosts again so I didn't bother with it."

  The parents then, turn to each other before the man speaks,
"It's happening."

  "It finally is, isn't it?" Selestia exclaims, elated and sinisterly grinning.

  "What is?" Jaemin asks, dumbfounded. His mother looks at him with madness swirling in her black orbs.

  "The dark lord is returning."