sixty eight | always keep an eye out

Jisung sweats buckets as he stares at his shoes and peeking up to see Jaemin's face every once in a while.

  What am I doing here?? We agreed to keep an eye out but I'm practically stalking him!

  He gulps as the nervousness builds up at the fear of the Slytherin in front of him who only glares down at him coldly.

  The silence that envelopes only makes the atmosphere more eerie and air heavy, it suffocates.

  "What is it?" Jaemin asks with a stiff tone.

  Jisung tightens his fists. "U-um, I actually wanted toㅡ"

  But he stops when Jaemin raises his palm to get his attention.

  "Hold it. I'm not interested so," he says before swivelling and Jisung blinks in confusion.

  "What? Wait!" The latter grabs him by the arm. "I wanted to ask about the cabinet!"

  The older freezes instantly and that tells Jisung that what Mark had seen was right. There was a cabinet and it wasn't just part of a random furniture hunting. 

  "What the heck is this talk about a cabinet?" Jaemin then, queries abrasively and turns to face him.

  Jisung's grip on him strengthens as his stare becomes sharper- having a sudden wave of courage as he thinks about his friends. "You know what I'm speaking of.
  "But it must be nothing good if you're denying it like this."

  The other yanks back his arm and glares at him. "If you've got nothing better to do than pin me unreasonably like this, leave. I've got classes to attend to."

  He starts walking away and all the pent up frustration in Jisung grows more and more as he furthers to the point he simply explodes.

  "We know you were at Knockturn Alley that day! Your lies are useless! All I want to know is what it's for or even, just a hint! But all you do is IGNORE! Even when we needed your help in asking your cousin about Ama's condition last time, you refused!" Jisung shouts angrily without a pause for breath.

  Jaemin furrows, having an internal conflict and he spins. "Look! I don't know anything, okay?? Whatever you're searching for, I'm not where you find it! I know nothing about Knockturn Alley and nothing about a Vanishing Cabinetㅡ"

  He gasps at the slip of his tongue and what's more unfortunate to him is that Jisung manages to catch it.

  The latter has his eyes widened as he stares at Jaemin who quickly flee from the scene.

  What have I done? What have I done?? He panics as he rushes to his common room. He doesn't have classes, actually. He has a free period.

  He lied.

  Jaemin curls his fingers to a fist and he grits his teeth.

  He lied about everything. From something so trivial such as his classes, to something major like Knockturn Alley and the cabinet yet, what benefit do they give him?

  "What am I even doing?" He scoffs with a bitter smile as he combs his bangs back- feeling heavy on his head.

  "Your lies are useless!"

  Jisung's furious yell rings in his ears and a sore pain rises to his throat as he chokes back his tears.

  "He was right, my lies are all useless," Jaemin speaks in a cracked whisper and leans against the stone wall of the dungeons. "I'm useless."