forty four | uninvited guest

The ambience of the room completely contrasts the one from before. Jingling bells now silent and the fire now dancing angrily in the fireplace- creating frequent WHOOSH! every once in a while.

"This is trespassing, you know?" Chenle claims and the lone Slytherin member scoffs.

Donghyuck crosses his arms. "Correction. Your mother opened the door for me."

Lele glares and he does the same- Renjun copying from the side as he shoots daggers at the bratty, uninvited 'guest.'

Amaryllis constantly shifts her round, brown orbs between the rivalling sides and she softly slides the plate carrying a single biscuit to the latecomer.
"Would you like aㅡ"

"Ama, no," Jisung whispers and stops the girl to which she objects to.

It's polite manners to feed your guests. After all, he did properly walk through the door.

Mark rubs the girl's back at the appearance of her upset, subtle pout and it falters at his caring touch.

"I have no appetite," Donghyuck quickly sets a wall. "I came here simply because I didn't have a choice."

"How exactly did you even get here?" Chenle interrogates.

"It's the world of wizardry, child. You are not wise enough to understand it."

"Excuse me, I was born and raised hereㅡ"

"Irrelevant. Anyways, long story short, I fought with the two adults back in the house and don't plan on coming back until tomorrow."

"What makes you think we'll just let you stay here? We're having a sleepover of our own," Renjun remarks, annoyed at his brazen acts.

Donghyuck presents a strained smile. "Because, you all don't have the heart to throw me out. You're good, after all."

The silence that overtakes is their answer and his lips stretch wider- knowing he's won the argument this time.

Knock, knock.

"Children~ Time for dinner!" Chenle's mother sings, completely clueless of the war occuring in her very own household.

The seven teens make their way out for their meal despite the tension that weighs the air.

"Welcome! Welcome! To the peaceful abode of the Zhong family!" The head of the house zestfully welcomes while the bells tied in her bob hair constantly chime.

A unique yet, fitting headwear, to be honest.

Donghyuck stares at her, strangely reminded of his own crazy aunt. This one's eccentric too yet, why does she emanate such an endearing and benign feeling?

"I have noticed a new face. Now, who might you be, handsome young man?"

Hyuck presses his back against the chair when she abruptly leans down to his face.
"I, uh, Donghyuck."

"Donghyuck! Wonderful name for a wonderful boy!"

The other boys resist the urge to scoff.

"Since when have you been friends with the group? This year? I would've recognised you if it was way before," Lele's mother queries again.

He's stumped. Their relationship isn't quite friendly but he can't say that.

However, his thinking process is halted by the woman's cordial yet, amused titters.
"I was just joking, dear! I know you're not friends with them! Otherwise, you wouldn't have come all alone like a lost puppy without its owner."

The 'puppy' blinks fast. Why does he feel slightly vexed with her descriptionㅡ

"So, tell me this, instead. Why has a pure blood wizard of the infamous Black family come to my house so randomly?" She interrogates and her aura juxtaposes from the one she radiates before- now, dark and imposing as her eyes flicker with deliration.

"Motherㅡ" Chenle tries to stop but she raises a hand that gestures him to remain silent.

"Answer me, child. What is your true intent? Why have you come?" She pressures again and Donghyuck's hands clench on the sides of his seat while others stare with a hint of unease and bafflement.

How does she know his family? Moreover, why is she being hostile towards the idea?

"I just needed somewhere to stay."

Donghyuck's sudden reply dissipates the tension in the air- replacing it with an undeniable sorrow and desperation.

He hangs his head down and his hands clasp one another to calm his nerves.
"I have nowhere else to go."