seventy three | hide

"Right when you were passing out, the ministry and his men came and were able to catch a glimpse of the dark lord. Because of that, Professor Dumbledore isn't put on a wanted list anymore.
  "Umbridge was sacked for her unfair treatment towards students and everything has turned back to normal- if all the chaos and worrying gossip about the dark lord is counted as 'normal.' Well, a new normal, at least," Amaryllis explains to Jeno as he sits up on the school hospital's bed.

  Jeno chuckles bitterly at the thought of the 'new normal.' He's beginning to realize that peace is a luxury for him to have.

  "How are the rest?" He asks as she helps him stand.

  "They're all fine. You've seen them yourself, haven't you?" Ama queries and Jeno nods.

  "They visit occasionally. Thanks for being my nurse today," he says with a chuckle and the girl raises a brow at him.

  "Rather than caring for you as a nurse, it's more fitting to say that I care for you as a friend," she corrects him and he grins affectionately although the word 'friend' lingers in his mind.

  Friend...

  Ama feels his arm ring around her waist due to his slight limp and she stands straight. "You have somewhere you want to go? There are no classes since it's the weekend so you can rest all you want."

  "I want to see Professor Dumbledore. There are a few things I want to ask," Jeno says. "Is he at his office?"

  "Last I saw him, he said he was heading towards the astronomy tower. I'll accompany you to there."

  They part only when they arrive and Amaryllis waves him goodbye as he walks up the stairs alone- feeling better after the journey.

  "Hello, sir," Jeno greets politely.

  Dumbledore smiles warmly at the boy with a wise look in his eyes.
"Jeno. I am grateful to see that you are healing well."

  "It's all thanks to you, sir," Jeno shows his gratitude and ponders over a question in his head. "Um, sir, I was wondering why they were trying to so hard to obtain the orb. It has fallen in their hands and it makes me worry whether it will be... disastrous."

  Oddly, the old, long-bearded man chuckles as he approaches the lad. "That orb, Jeno, contains your prophecy so it is no wonder that the dark wizard wishes to have it. He thinks that by looking through it, he will find a way to defeat you.
  "But do not fret, Jeno. There's nothing that can help him there."

  "Oh..." Jeno sounds, befuddled at the finding that the orb is meaningless and yet, he fought his hardest to protect it.

  That's when the recollection of seeing Jaemin at Borgin and Burkes quite a while ago and he wants to ask Dumbledore about it.
"Sirㅡ"

  Faraway footsteps rushing up the stairs in varying speeds silence him and Dumbledore immediately ushers Jeno to hide under the metal flooring.

  "But, professor," Jeno calls, anxious.

  The headmaster only smiles and hurries him to hide. "Jeno, do as I say. Whatever happens, it's crucial that you stay below. "

  The other's unwilling silence causes the professor to speak again. "Trust me, Jeno."

  The student reluctantly listens and right then, Jaemin appears from the stairs.