fifty three | maze

Weeks go by fast and now, it's the final round of the Triwizard Tournament.

  With every game, Amaryllis has to go through the five stages of grief and she's glad that she won't have to feel it for this one.

  Unlike the other rounds before, this one seems less frightening. Just nerve-wracking at the though of getting lost and having gigantic, grass walls around you

  "Good luck, Jeno!!" Chenle shouts from the sitting crowd.

  Renjun and Mark sit on each side of him while Amaryllis sits beside the youngest of the boys.

  Jisung shivers with a disgusted frown on his face and he returns the box of Bertie Bott's jellybeans to Mark who's beside him before turning to Ama.
"Do you have a drink? My cup's already empty."

  "No but, I can make one," she offers and he nods. "Give me the cup."

NnHe holds the paper cup to which she points her wand to before casting,

  "Aguamenti!"

  The cup fills up and Jisung refreshes himself from the revolting taste of vomit bean on his tongue.

  "They're going to start soon."

  Ama's ears perk at the familiar voice and turns to Donghyuck and Jaemin who sit slightly higher behind them.

  "I know," Hyuck says to Jaemin and hangs his head down- fingers fiddling and foot tapping when he suddenly, spots Amaryllis.

  She observes his manner, wondering why he looks so anxious and he realizes to which he responds with stopping his motions and turning his face away.

  Strange.

  "They're leaving!" Jisung gasps which pulls back her attention and they howl with the crowd to send off the representatives with passion and encouragement.

  But, Amaryllis can't seem to share the excitement as the anxiety creeping in begins to build up.

  Nevertheless, she brings herself back to the game.

  A while passes and only news of Fleur is known since she was brought out just moments ago after being inhaled by the maze walls.

  Other than that, it is all still very silent. Ama's stomach, however, is screeching to be tended to and she sighs.

  "I'm heading to the lavatory," she tells Jisung and he nods- putting his small, lone cup on her seat to reserve it.

-

  "Bye, Myrtle!" Amaryllis bids to the ghost who waves back as the living leaves.

  As always, whenever one's alone, their footsteps always seem louder and eerie and that is exactly how Ama feels hers are.

  Corridors are hollow, the silence so intense that it's lifeless, the sky ominously dark and thunders rumbling angrily that they make the very Earth quiver.

  Amaryllis frowns. Maybe, it's the weather that bothers her?

  "I made the right choice. I did what I could."

  She turns her head to the sound of hushed insistence.

  Striding out of the hallway to her right is a frantic Donghyuck. His mind so preoccupied, he doesn't even notice her.

  "Donghyuck! Donghyuck Lee!" She shouts and he swivels- gasping and eyes widening before he tries to flee.

  "Stoㅡ Ugh!" The pent up frustration overtakes and she pulls out her wand.
"Impedimenta!"

  A cut yelp emits from the other as he's forced to stop in his tracks.
"Hey- whaㅡ"

  "I just want to talk!" Amaryllis rushes to him right before the spell wears off. "But, you keep running off!"

  "Because I don't want to talk!"

  "I'm not giving you a choice!" She argues back and her unusual hostility silences him.

  She sighs and softens her gaze. "Just tell me what's wrong."

  Hyuck scoffs yet, eyes shifty. "Why would you think something is wrong?"

  "I heard you, Donghyuck. You were forcing yourself to believe something you had not the heart to and I'm sorry for accusing but, I can't help thinking it's related with us," Ama admits.

  The contemplation is seen in his eyes and she tries to think of what might be the cause until he blurts it out himself.

  "I was the one who put Jeno's name into the Goblet of Fire,"

She turns speechless for a good moment.

  "I- what? Why on Merlin's beard, would you do that??" She blurts, flabbergasted and honestly, infuriated. "Do you know reckless that is? This isn't a normal tournament!"

  He sighs exasperatedly. "It was the only choice!"

  "The only choiㅡ" she scoffs, unable to continue from disbelief. "What even were the options to begin with, Donghyuck?"

  He clenches his hands while his expression shifts from strong to timid constantly.
"It was either that orㅡ"

  Trumpets suddenly bellow, horns are blown and a celebratory march song plays from the maze field where the others are.

  However, just how it begins, it abruptly halts and call it instinct but, an inauspicious, direful feeling emits from the silence.

  "Amaryllis!" Donghyuck shouts when the girl sprints to the field  and he quick chases after.