forty five | what's the seventh?

"My mother has a small talent in Divination. That's why she knew you would come. But ever since my dad died, she turned a bit... strange so she's not keen enough to see the future. Most of her predictions are fraud.
  "That's why she had to question you. She was just being... careful," Chenle explained. "Sorry aboㅡ"

  "It's fine. I would've done the same," Donghyuck cut him off. "Better her than me. Because, if I were her, I wouldn't have opened the door for myself."

  Donghyuck plays with the thread of the sleeping bag as the memory plays, unable to sleep. Does he really despise himself that much?

  That's when he feels a gentle motion from behind- approaching him and he furrows. Who among them would want to lie beside himㅡ

  Amaryllis.

  He immediately shuts his eyes to feign to be asleep and it makes him wonder what he's doing.

  As he feels the other getting closer, his heart rate fastens and he gulps nervously. It would be too much of a stretch if Ama suddenly hugs him to heal his unrelenting brooding, right?

  "Psst," the figure whispers. "Donghyuck!"

  The said male frowns. Since, when did Ama sound so annoyingㅡ

  "Ow!" He twists when the person abruptly kicks his legs. "You!"

  Renjun quickly shushes him before giving an eyeroll. "Yes, it's me! Who else would willingly approach you? Even, I did so just because I want to ask about horcruxes."

  Hyuck feels a faint disappointment and grumbles. "I don't know... someone else."

  "Nevermind that. Anyways, about the horcruxes, you said there were seven. We destroyed the ring and the diary. What else are there?" Renjun queries- wanting to be well-informed if anything bad is to happen. 

  "Rude ass," the other scoffs to which Renjun only scowls at. "There was a cup, maybe, and a crown or something. Then, a pet and necklace, I think and... that's all I remember."

  Renjun's brows knit at the ordinary items. "It's simpler than I thought. What about their locations?"

  "Got nothing on that," Donghyuck answers. "I wanted to ask Uncle Mingyu for it but, that man's a headache so I didn't bother."

  "Well, you're a migraine to me and I still asked," Renjun points out.

  "No one asked you too, nerd," Hyuck wittily answers and Renjun grits his teeth when Hyuck gets his revenge and sends him rolling away with a powerful kick.

  "Hey!"

  "Hope you have nightmares," the younger wishes and goes into a slumber- irritating Injun who stabs daggers with his glare but he too, decides to shut his eyes.

  Unknown to them, Amaryllis had been listening to their conversation from the very start and she stands to get water for herself.

  She walks through the corridor when she espies another standing upon the antique shelf in the living room- staring at it.

  "Jeno, what are you doing here?" Ama approaches the still standing lad and he pulls his gaze away from the certain object.

  "Nothing. This cup just felt interesting," Jeno gestures to the golden cup put on the highest shelf.

  Amaryllis looks at the yellow cup made with a handle on each side while the Hufflepuff logo, a badger, is engraved in the centre.

  "Why are you awake?" He suddenly, asks and she turns to him.

  "To take water."

  A smile appears. "I wanted to do the same. Let's head to the kitchen together."

  He starts to walk away and Ama follows- giving a last glance at the cup before turning her back to it. 

  Unlike the other rooms, the kitchen is brightly lit for anyone who wanted a midnight snack and Jeno grabs a glass for her.

  "I'll pour it," she volunteers and Jeno stands beside her.

  But before she can even fill the glass, a thunderous explosion sounds and they instantly plummet from shock.

  CRASH!

  The ceramic jug breaks and they, including, the rest, frantically gather in the living room.

  "What's happening??" Mark panics and Chenle's mother peeks through the curtains- forming a countenance of worry immediately.

  "It's the Deatheaters."

  Their eyes widen and a sudden wave of immense fear washes within- even more so when the door is smashed into pieces and in comes a vicious man.

  "Well, well, the whole lot's here," Mingyu taunts and notices Donghyuck. "Even, the stray."

  The young lad clenches his fist, infuriated at his sudden aggressive intrusion.

  Their faces are pale white from the unexpected attack and at that moment, death feels so much closer than they've ever felt before.