fifty eight | claw

The group of six, Mark, Renjun, Jeno, Chenle, Jisung and Amaryllis, are gobsmacked with jaws on the floor at the little, pink-obsessed lady who stands at the front after being introduced by Headmaster Dumbledore.

  "Such a wonderful sight to see all of your smiling faces welcoming me today," Umbridge says with a wide, unexplainably irritating grin as she scans the expressionless, bored students.
"I am Professor Umbridge, sent by the minister to teach the students in Hogwarts..."

  Her horrendously boring speech ends and all are permitted to leave the hall.

  Renjun hurries to catch up with his friends from Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. "What is is she doing here?"

  They hear his whisper and most shrug.

  Amaryllis turns to him before replying,
"It means the ministry has infiltrated Hogwarts."

  They all look wary but they speak nothing more of it and continue to go to class.

-

  "We can't hold the items with us any longer. That suspicious woman is conducting dorm checking every week. It was fortunate my room is one of the last to be inspected. Should we hand them over to a teacher? Hagrid, maybe?" Renjun suggests.

  Ama surveys their surroundings keenly- making sure there aren't any eavesdroppers. "I don't think so. Last time she interrupted us during our Herbology lesson to search the greenhouse and then, when I stumbled upon Professor Sprout later on, she told me the pink lady inspected her staffroom.
  "It won't be a surprise if that lady decides to visit Hagrid's hut."

  Renjun sighs in frustration. "Where else can we put them? It's the weekend tomorrow, most students will be going home which gives her plenty more time to ransack our rooms."

  Ama wonders deeply. "They wouldn't suspect magical objects to be lying around in the muggle world so suddenly, would they?"

  The other processes her query and his eyes widen. "That's right. You live in the muggle world. They wouldn't be able to think of that! But..."

  He stares at her worriedly and she grins toothily as assurance that she'll be fine.

  "It'll be okay. They won't be able to do things so blatantly in the world of the No-Maj," she insists. "Even, if they do try something, I'm not called the 'brightest witch of my year,' for no reason."

  They both let out soft laughter at her cocky comment and Renjun holds her hand.

  "Just... be extra careful, alright?"

  Ama looks at their intertwined fingers and a soft smile stretches, radiant. "Always."

-

  Most students find themselves seats on the train while some others who decide to stay at school for the weekend just watch them leave.

  Renjun and Amaryllis find a cubicle of their own and he shuts the doors.

  Discreetly, he pulls out a handbag and passes it to her to which she accepts and puts it behind her- making it seem like she's using her bag as a back pillow.

  "Are they both here?" She asks and the other nods.

  "I even put in some clothes in there just to cover them up even more."

  The entrance to their spot suddenly, slides open.

  Jeno shifts his gaze between the two who whipped their heads to him with a face of surprise.

  But they soon, relax.

  "A private party or something?" He jokes and takes the seat beside Ama. "I'm a bit hurt for not getting and invitation."

  Renjun chuckles and leans back. "I was just about to but, when I saw Ama sitting alone, I came in and got distracted."

  Jeno lets out an, "ohh," to imply his understanding towards his statement but does he believe it?

  Not really.

  "Well then, I'm gonna call the others over," Amaryllis says and stands up- leaving 'her bag' in the care of Renjun.

  Jeno eyes the case that sits on his friend's lap before at him who stares out the window.

  Something seems to claw in his chest and he subtly furrows- pulling his gaze away after.