fifteen | talk

The night before they're allowed to return home for the weekends, Jaemin decides to visit Amaryllis who's already been out for 3 days.

More words have spread and with each day, they become worse and worse. Now, both Donghyuck and Jaemin are labelled as dark wizards.

And some rumors even say that they'll be joining their family soon as death eaters.

Of course, Jaemin and Donghyuck say nothing of it. They find it utterly useless to waste their voice when no one will bother to listen.

After all, their reputation has never been good.

Jaemin is in his jammies which consist of a black silk, button-up, long-sleeved top and a comfy, also black, trousers.

His hair is messily combed back and exposing his forehead due to his constant habit of raking his hair from anxious nerves.

The doors of the medic are right in front of him. All he has to do is swing them open. Besides, there are no other patients aside her.

"It's okay. It's just going to be a short visit. It's not like I'll be talking, anyways," he assures himself and enters the room.

It's quite dark with only a few night lights open and he quickly spots Ama. But, she isn't alone.

Jeno's sharp ears have heard him from outside the door and his tense, cautious stare has never left him.

"Oh, so she has company," Jaemin says and Jeno stands- squinting his eyes at him briefly.

"Yes, she does. To guarantee that she's safe," Jeno emphasizes as he sees the other as a threat.
"You're here to visit?"

"What else?" Jae snaps, unintentionally brusque.

Jeno, being quite gentle at heart as he is, chooses not to push the issue.

Jaemin slowly approaches her side, wanting a closer look.

His chest tightens at her pale, inert figure.

"What caused this?" Jaemin queries.

Jeno clenches his fist as he recalls the moment of when he found her. "They said she's malnourished."

"Malnourished? This bad? That's unlikely," Jaemin voices.

Jeno grits his teeth, the blood in him beginning to boil again. "I think so too. So, why don't you ask that cousin of yours on what actually happened?"

His abrasive tone shocks Jaemin but he only frowns.

"He did nothing at all. I would know! He told me!" Jaemin claims.

Jeno scoffs, lips tugging up into an agitated smirk. "Of course, he would say that. I don't think a villain would willingly commit to his own sins, would he?"

"Youㅡ"

"Don't try," Jeno seethes and points his wand to Jaemin back when he did the same. "It seems like this is all you know, huh?"

Jaemin furrows, flustered. "What?"

Jeno emits a dry chuckle and runs his fingers through his dark hair as he begins to steam up.
"You always take out your wand in arguments. The same as Donghyuck. You don't try to fix things. All you know is to fight- jinx and curse at people.
"All we want to know is what your cousin did to Ama or even, just tell us the story of what happened, of how he found her. Maybe, we can find a fitting tonic for her. Even, just a little bit of help."

Jaemin's grip hardens around his wand. "You don't believe in what I say, anyways."

"We need to talk to Donghyuck. We've been trying to reach him but he keeps running off. You are not his owl, Jaemin," Jeno states.

A brief moment of quietness follows, both deep in their own thoughts.

Jeno begins to relax when Jaemin lowers his wand and puts it back into his pocket- thinking that he has agreed.

But, no.

Jaemin scowls at Jeno. "Well, that's your own problem."

The latter sighs and his hands clench again, now tighter than before as his nails begin to cut his palms.

He hangs his head down, loathing the idea to even look at the blonde boy. "Leave."

"Wha- You can't tell me what to doㅡ"

"I said, LEAVE!" Jeno shouts and Jaemin instantly gets blown away- his back hitting the stone wall.

Jaemin gasps sharply at the pain and meets the glaring eyes of Jeno whose aura is deadlier than anything he's felt before.

The Slytherin boy turns and exits the chamber- returning to his dorm hastily.