fifty four | return

The horror occuring in front of Amaryllis and Donghyuck appall them the moment they arrive.

  They swiftly squeeze through the crowd that flock around the two on the ground- one kneeling and one laid frozen with look of pure trauma.

  Jisung, Mark, Chenle and Renjun are all standing close to the two- the younger ones crying while the older ones clench their fists and grit their teeth.

  "Jeno," Ama gasps in fear and plummets to his side- shakily holding his cold arms and stiff figure.

  "He's been cursed," Harry tells frantically, gaining the attention of many. "The Cruciatus Curse."

  Jaws fall and eyes pop out of their sockets at the shocking discovery.

  Harry weeps terribly, afraid and feeling guilty at not being able to help his Hufflepuff friend.
"He's back! You-know-who is back!"

  At this, some even shriek- terrified by the mere statement of it and Ama's solicitous gaze mixes with anxiety and fear as she stares at Jeno.

  "H-hurry, we have to get him to the hospital! Professors!" She desperately calls for aid and they carry the fallen boy away while she stays behind, weak from the shock.

  The field turns silent and empty rapidly as people rush to tail after Harry and Jeno.

  "Amaryllis," Mark whispers as he catches the said girl before she can drop at her attempt to stand.

Her legs wobble and her eyes are pooled- constantly streaming with tears when she suddenly, lifts her head up.

  Through blurry vision, she can still distinguish the two familiar characters that stand slightly far away from them and she glares with fervour acrimony.

  Hyuck and Jaemin's hearts shatter at her hostile gaze that's never before worn by her, and the abhorrence that emanates from her towards them is powerful despite, the lack of vituperation.

  And even after the girl and her friends leave, the cousins still feel a sharp pain in their chests. No one has ever looked at them with such revulsion before, and to think that it'd be from someone who they deem as their honest, true friend, just makes it times more grievous.

-

  Ama sits silently at her house table, perturbed and pensive.

  The skin of her fingers are rough and ragged from her constant picking.

  That is, until a hand restrains her.

  "Don't hurt yourself," Chenle says and pulls her hand away softly to prevent it hurting the other.
"Jeno's sleeping now. Thankfully, Harry was quick to grab the Portkey, which was actually, the Triwizard Champion's Cup, and brought Jeno and himself back before you-know-who could've done any more damage.
  "Madam Pomfrey said he would be okay once he awakes."

  Ama remains unresponsive and Chenle continues.

  "Don't worry, Ama. He's strong, we both know that. He'll overcome this."

  She nods and finally, turns to him with a small smile. "Yes, of course. There's no doubt to it."

  "Then, what are you so afraid of?"

  His question calls a brief yet, ambiguous silence to envelope them before it is broken by Renjun.

  "Chenle, Professor Lupin is calling you. Apparently, he said, you have some unhanded assignment you need to tend to," the oldest of the three speaks and arches a brow.

  Lele groans at the mention of work but looks at the girl with gentle eyes.

  "I'm staying here," Renjun states and he nods- rushing away to finish his task.

  His previous spot is then, occupied by the older and he focuses on the deeply thinking Amaryllis.
"What are you wondering of?"

  "Horcruxes," she answers and his heart is already leaping in dread at the mere mention of the dark magic.
"I find it weird."

  "What, exactly?"

  She faces him as well. "The ring was found in Mark's house, the diary at yours and the cup at Chenle's. Isn't it strange that these things are just 'coincidentally' found in normal homes?"

  Now, that she's mentioned it, he finally realizes the oddity.
"You're... right. It can't just be a coincidence. There must be a link."

  "I think so too. And I've figured out a possibility of what this link might be."

  "What?"

  "Your parents, Mark's and Chenle's, one thing they have in common is that they all worked at the ministry."

  Renjun's eyes widen at the observation. "There must be something we're not told and we're going to find out what it is soon enough."