thirteen | rumour

Whispers and rumours fly about as Donghyuck enters the Great Hall.

  Some are simple and just as described by the witnesses- Mark and the rest went searching for the girl and found her unconscious while Donghyuck was just there.

  Other stories are a bit exaggerated- the details on how they went to find Ama are all the same but in this version, Donghyuck becomes the culprit by bullying her with the excuse that she's muggle born.

  Either way, to the eyes of others, he's still the antagonist.

  He solemnly sits beside Jaemin who had just finished his Quidditch friendly a short while ago.

  "What happened?" Jaemin asks.

  The other stays wordless, pensive.

  Jaemin furrows and presses further. "Donghyuck."

  "I don't know, okay? Stop bothering me," he snaps and glares dourly at the younger.

  "Everyone's been talking about it."

  "In case you haven't noticed, I have my own set of perfectly capable ears. I know, and I don't give a damn about it."

  A heavy silence lingers around them momentarily before Jaemin breaks it.

  "How was she?" He questions.

  Donghyuck frowns at how he's brought the topic up again but is more startled at the unexpected question. "Why does it matter?"

  The seeker takes a subtle pause. "We have to know, idiot. People are blaming you and if she's in a really bad condition, we have to tell my parents of this. It's better we tell than them finding out.
  "The last time they got called to school because you set loose those Cornish Pixies which led to a big fire, they were not happy. At least, now they'll be informed early if those bloody professors have their mouths running."

  Donghyuck grunts. "They're your parents. You go and investigate of her well-being by yourself."

  Since, Donghyuck's parents left quite early, he lives with his cousin, Jaemin. They are well with one another but Donghyuck can sometimes get very hot-headed.

  He bumps against him as he violently gets off his bench and away to his dorm.

  Jaemin sighs as he watches his cousin storm off. Typical.

  His mind wanders off back to their argument and he sighs at the flimsy excuse he used.

  Tell my parents? What grade are we in? Elementary?

  He groans and rakes his platinum hair back.

  Why did he even choose to lie? He could've just gave a snarky comeback or anything else.

  "Hey, Jaemin. What happenㅡ"

  He stands and strides away- completely ignoring the question of his house mate. 

  His eyes scan briefly at the other tables. As expected, they're all staring at him.

  Despite not being a part of the rumours at all, he is related to Donghyuck and happens to also, be a Slytherin.

  Chances are high that he's supporting the antagonist.

  Jaemin's mien is strewn into one of annoyance as he finds it all to be so irritating and his steps are quicker- begging to just disappear.