forty seven

Time passes and school begins again.

  Students, obviously, dread the idea of returning and are still heavy with the weight of holiday-sickness.

  However, some are excited and although, unexpected, Chenle is one of them.

  After the accident, he needed time to adjust with a lot of things- his mother's death, moving in with his uncle and the unyielding, remorseless nightmares.

  To be more accurate, the traumatic scene of seeing his parent being killed right in front of his very eyes.

  It haunts him like a plague and so, filling up his head with studies and assignments might push the horror away.

  "Hey, Chenle!" A friend from Ravenclaw greets him and he reciprocates with a bright grin of his own.

  "Morning!" He chirps and continues on his way zestfully.

  No one knows of his misfortune at school accept for the professors, his usual group of bestfriends and... the Black family.

  So, those other than them, would see that Chenle is as normal as ever- bubbly, friendly.

  But, to those who know, they'd know that he's merely going along his script.

  Of course, they say nothing of it.

  "Chenle," Jisung calls when the older passes by him without realizing of his presence.

  The older pauses and turns, grinning promptly. "Jisung-ah! I didn't see you there! What's up?"

  His enthusiasm is so passionate, it almost fools him.

  "Nothing much. I just wanted to go to class together," Jisung answers, saying nothing of his false joy.

  "Oh, sure!"

  They walk aside one another when eventually, they meet up with Ama and the three continue together.

  Jisung and Amaryllis chatter until they realize that Chenle has lagged behind.

  They turn to him who's a step away- seeing him staring up front with a cryptic expression.

  The two younger soon, learn why he wears such a mien when they realize Jaemin and Donghyuck are standing a small distance away from them, also, staring at the group of Hufflepuffs and Gryffindor.

  "Let's go," Chenle shakes his head and grabs Jisung and Ama's hands, pulling them to rush by the other two.

  But, an unwanted scenario happens.

  "Chenle," Donghyuck calls and reaches out.

  The younger gasps and points his wand at the Slytherin- his gaze striking and frosty than anything he has ever seen.
"Don't."

  Lele utters a single word that sends millions of shards through the older from its hostility.

  Donghyuck gulps. "I justㅡ"

  "If you say another word, I won't hesitate to curse. Just like what my mother suffeㅡ"

  "Mr.Zhong," Professor McGonagall's voice echoes throughout the quiet corridor and the students, except, for Donghyuck and Chenle, turn to the teacher.
"Mr.Zhong, please put down your wand. You may return to your dormitory for the day, I have informed your subject teachers. It would be best for you to take some time off."

  Chenle's shoulders lift and fall patently at his silent yet, heavy breathing from suppressing his anger.

  He retracts his hand swiftly before striding away- not even giving a single glance to his friends.

  The left four students say nothing either and part.

  "Hey, Jisung. Did you hear about that Triwizard's Tournament that's about to take place here?" Amaryllis brings up and Jisung nods.

  "I heard a few others talking about it. They said they wanted to sign up for it," he answers and Ama turns to him.

  "Would you want to?"

  Jisung instantly frowns at the idea. "Are you crazy?? No! I'm not putting my life on the line for some competition!"

  She laughs at his absolute loathe for it and links their arms together. "Come on. Let's hurry before we're stuck with grading chore again."