forty nine | representative

The time of choosing have arrived- the choosing of the three students that are to be contestants in the Triwizard Tournament.

  Dumbledore stands in front along with the other professors sitting behind while the tall Goblet of Fire stands beside him.

  Quite expectedly, Victor Krum, a Bulgarian student from Durmstrang and Fleur Delacour of Beuaxbaton from France are chosen.

  Now, there us only one student left to choose.

  "The chosen representative for Hogwarts is-" Dumbledore starts and the flames of the goblet burst before it spouts a note- instantly caught by the headmaster and he reads the name.
"Harry Potter!"

  People all cheer as the student nervously yet simultaneously, proudly walks to the front.

  "Now that the choosing haveㅡ" The headmaster begins but, all eyes focus on the tall goblet as its flames swerve here and there, almost becoming untamed and professors furrow at the oddity.

  Dumbledore whips his head to it and his brows knit- puzzled since all three representatives have already been decided.

  Nevertheless, he hurries to it right when a small sheet that's burned at the edges, jumps out and ends in the quick hand of Albus.

  However, upon seeing its content, his motions turn slow and he lifts his head- searching for the chosen candidate.
"Jeno Lee... Jeno Lee!"

  Murmurs arise at the unexpected student while Jeno's friends all whip their heads to him with fright and shock in their widened eyes.

  Jeno reacts the same but with more bewilderment in his face, seemingly unable to grasp the situation as he continues to freeze on his bench.

  "Jeno Lee, come forward!" Dumbledore raises his voice.

  The student jolts and gulps when he then, feels a hand squeeze his.

  He faces Ama beside him and stares at the worried look casted on her face but is accompanied with assurance as she tries to stretch up a smile for her.

  So instead, Jeno flashes his instead- cupping her hand and patting it before he slowly joins the other chosen representatives.

  All attention is on him, even the professors are staring at him so intently.

  And after his name, the event then, ends and everyone is told to disperse back to their dorms, excluding the four chosen challengers.

  "He put his name in? When??" Renjun chases after Ama and Chenle, the two Hufflepuffs alongside Jeno.

  Ama frowns, mind in chaos at the abrupt news. "I don't know. He didn't tell us."

  Renjun grabs her arm. "Wha- Aren't you guys always together?? Are you sure you didn't see him head to halls at one moment? Maybe, on the way to class?"

  "I don't know, Renjun! Besides, we're literally in different years! Rather than thinking of when he put his name in, shouldn't we consider the possibility of him even deciding to join the tournament?" Ama raises her voice, stressed at Renjun's persistence.

  Mark and Jisung arrive quick enough to hear their arguments and they frantically shift their gazes between the two.

  "Guys, calm down. We don't know what entirely happened. Let's just wait until he comes back so he can tell us about it," Mark pacifies.

  But, Chenle scoffs at him.

  "It's obvious, isn't it? He puts his name behind our backs- without telling us anything of it."

  His spiteful tone gains questioning miens from the rest.

  "Chenle, don't be rash. Accusing someone without proof isn't nice," Mark scolds but the younger groans.

  "I'm not being rash. I'm being rational. Honestly, who else would use his name to participate? That's too much of a stretch," Lele points out.

  Amaryllis holds his arm. "Chenleㅡ"

  "Protect him all you want! I will still think he's being selfish!"

  Renjun pulls him. "What is the matter with you? Stop acting like a brat!"

  Chenle shoves the older away with a cold glare piercing into his. "Tell that to Jeno! He's the snake who did things behind our backs! And so much for saying he won't be joining!"

  Jisung gasps suddenly and they all follow where his shocked eyes look- seeing Jeno standing only a few steps away.

  From the conflicted expression he wears and the way his lips gape as if from getting his words cut, they know he heard everything.

  Lele then, swivels- already expecting he would be there from the others' frozen figures. But instead of apologizing or greeting Jeno, Chenle only glowers and strides away.