fifty one | tournament

"Chnle still hasn't talked to you, at all?" Renjun asks Jeno as he waits in the tent before entering the dragon arena.

  Jeno shakes his head and Renjun sighs. "At least, he talks with you guys."

  "Yeah but, he's still very distant about something," Amaryllis suddenly, enters the tent. "Like there's something he's hiding."

  Renjun agrees and pats the younger lad's shoulder. "For now, let's just forget about it and focus on your tournament. You got the Hungarian Horntail, didn't you?"

  The competitor nods. "Unfortunately."

  "The Horntail might be the strongest among the other dragons but, you're stronger. I believe that," Amaryllis encourages and Jeno smiles- his nerves calming at her statement.

  A horn then, goes off which indicates that Jeno's round is to begin and his two friends feel their heartbeats jump just as how Jeno's is, afraid and concerned.

  Renjun and Amaryllis immediately suffocate him in a group hug before they reluctantly leave.

  "Remember, Jeno," Renjun says at the entrance. "You're allowed a wand and with a wand comes many possibilities."

  Jeno nods with a hopeful smile and Renjun finally, leaves.

  "JENO! JENO! JENO! JENO!"

  The crowd cheers for him when he makes his appearance though, they don't expect much from him.

  His reputation is too 'gentle' to overcome a challenge like this.

  Jeno quickly spots the golden egg sitting in a curve among the stones and he runs to grab it but is ultimately hindered when a giant, spiky tail crashes on his path.

  Loud gasps emit while faces of concern are worn when Jeno's abruptly thrown back.

  "AH!" He slams onto the jagged stone and he hisses in pain.

  His group of friends who so coincidentally are above him at the benches, look at him in panic.

  "JENO! JENO, STAND UP! THE DRAGON'S COMING!" Amaryllis tears her throat to alarm him and Jeno looks at them- able to discern their frantic miens, even Chenle's wearing one.

  "HYUNG, YOUR WAND!" Jisung reminds and points at the stick lying an arm's length away.

  Jeno quickly crawls to it before pointing it to the air.
"Accio, broom!"

  And once again, the dragon swings his sharp tail and he dodges by hiding behind a large boulder. 

  The creature roars, clearly infuriated on how it's constantly missing the boy and Jeno takes the chance to flee out to the egg.

  The crowd starts shouting in praise once more at his bravery as he runs behind the gigantic animal.

  However, it begins to turn its head and Mark's eyes widen.

  "JENO! DRAGON!"

  The said lad furrows. Well, duh, of course, it's a dragon. He's fighting with it.

  But, he soon realizes what the older meant when large claws lift him above the ground and he trembles- instantly washed over with fear with the land so far away.

  "NO!"

  Shrieks and shouts erupt when the dragon tosses him to the side and he starts free-falling. His head too jumbled to think of a spell and he's sure to meet death but, a miracle occurs.

  His broom comes sprinting and Jeno manages to grasp it.