forty eight

The group of six stare at the tall goblet that stands in the centre of the flaming blue ring.

  "What's this?" Amaryllis asks.

  "It's an age line," Renjun answers. "The tournament only allows students from the years 6 and 7 to join. So, if anyone other than those try to participate, this line would know and restrict them."

  As if to answer Ama's question further, a pair of underaged students bravely or foolishly, depending on your view, put their names into the goblet and only a second later, the two are thrown flying back and their papers are burnt to ashes by the Goblet of Fire.

  The two mischievous students receive boisterous laughter from others at their silly attempt and they rush out the hall in shame.

  "Is any of us joining?" Jeno asks and the five others whips their heads to him with a look of disbelief.

  "Are your serious? This tournament is a game of tag against death. You run away constantly from it so you wouldn't get 'tagged' by it," Renjun answers.

  Jisung nods vigorously. "Yeah, hyung. It's dangerous."

  "I'm not risking my life up for a game but, you know, if anyone wants to join then, that's up to them," Amaryllis says slowly before adding. "I just frankly hope that those 'anyone' isn't among any of us..."

  Mark chuckles at her timid confession and pinches her cheek before doing the same to Jisung who wears a worried expression at the thought of his friends joining the Triwizard Tournament.

  "Our maknaes are so cute,' Mark coos and turns to the dazed Lele, not forgetting to show him love too. "Chenle-yah, what are you thinking so seriously about?"

  Chenle's pulled out of his thoughts when he feels the strong yet, gentle pinch on his cheek. "Nothing. I'm just hungry."

  "Well, tomorrow's a Saturday. Who's up for Butterbeer??" Ama suggests and they all cheer at it, Renjun, being an exception since he doesn't like any type of beer whatsoever even though, it's barely alcoholic.

  But, he does want to go to Hogsmeade.

  Their sounds of excitement die down when Krum walks in with his troop to put in his name and everyone whispers in a shushed manner about him.

  All eyes are on him as he so courageously lifts his hand to the fiery goblet- even, Chenle watches him intently but soon, shifts to the paper in his hand.

  Focused.

-

  "Hurry up! We don't want to miss our ride!" Jisung rushes his hyungs, excited for their hangout.

  Amaryllis nods vigorously beside him. "And we have to be back before noon!'

  "We're coming! Hold on!" Mark and Jeno shout as they race over and Renjun follows quick behind.

  But, he suddenly, notices something and whips his head back.
"Wait, where's Chenle?"

  Others shrug and start to turn their heads here and there in search of the missing lad when minutes later, he comes dashing towards them from inside the school.

  "Sorry! I'm late! I took a different turn!" Chenle shouts as he nears.

  Jeno beams as chuckles leave him. "It's been years you've been in this school and you still get lost?"

  "I didn't say, I got lost," Chenle denies and Jisung scoffs.

  "Yeah, right, Chenle."

  Renjun links his arm with Amaryllis. "Let's hurry first or we'll get left behind."

  Jeno sees the interaction and can't help but stare until Renjun realizes.

  The younger smiles at him and turns away- making the older to slightly find his actions odd.