twenty nine | paralyzed

Jeno, Chenle, Jisung and Mark are as always, at the school's garden during the remaining of their break. Supposedly, they meet up with Renjun but he's running a bit late.

Jeno lets out the millionth sigh that day as his head is constantly filled with terrible, worrying thoughts while his heart is deeply troubled.

Mark looks at him and gives a pat on the shoulder as comfort.

Their focuses are however, stolen by an all-too-familiar professor approaching them.

"I'm sorry to disrupt your peaceful time but, there is something you need to see," McGonagall says with worry etched on her creased mien.

Without another word, they are just brought to the medic but just by arriving their hearts start to drum ferociously in fear of what lies beyond the tall doors.

And their fright is proved to be fitting when they see Renjun as still as a pole, lying on the bed alongside many other paralyzed students.

"We found him just a while ago at the library. No one else was there so, no one except, you four know about this," Minerva tells.

She then, lifts the mirror on the desk beside the patient. "He was holding this when we discovered him. Does this mean anything to you?"

His friends shake their heads and they surround him with sorrow.

Tears even, threaten to fall due to their uncertain fate the future holds.

Ama's gone, kidnapped, to be exact and now, Renjun's paralyzed. All this and they haven't discovered anything useful for their rescue attempt.

Jisung holds Renjun's frozen hand when he feels the crumpled paper in his curled, stone fingers.

He pulls it out. "What's this?"

They all flock around him- thankful that the professor's already gone out.

  "Look at this; Spiders flee before it," Chenle reads the passage  as he points

"Look at this; Spiders flee before it," Chenle reads the passage as he points. "This morning, Renjun hyung said something about seeing spiders crawling out the window in groups last night. This must be it!"

"But here it says; Instant death awaits any who meets this giant serpent's eye. No one's dead. Just paralyzed," Jisung observes.

Mark turns to the mirror and the others follow. "Maybe, no one's directly looked at it. Renjun must've known that and used the mirror."

"But if it really is a big creature, how can it travel around so easily like that without anyone spotting?" Chenle queries and Jeno points at the corner of the wrinkly, ripped sheet.

"Renjun's answered that too; the pipes."

Slence suddenly engulfs them but it isn't eerie, or discomforting. But instead, it's heavy with passion, enthusiasm and dedication.

Mark exchange looks with the others. "Well, what are we waiting for? We've got a snake to catch."

"Yeah! Hiss hiss, bitㅡ"

"Chenle."

"SoLlY," the younger apologizes when Mark warns.

And for the first time in a while, they all let out hearty, light chuckles. Hope is finally here and they're going to hold onto it until they find Ama and save the frozen victims.

A pair of eyes spy on them from the doors before the figure quietly shuts it close.

Jaemin furrows as he stares at the floor- immersed in his thoughts before he rushes off to the nearest lavatory.