thirty six | embrace

Muffled voices, sobs and the warmth of one's hand around hers. Amaryllis awakes with these being the first things noticed by her sensory organs. 

  It relieves her in a way for the last thing she remembers is losing all control of her body yet, she is still moving- on another's command. 

  Her heavy eyelids flutter open and she looks left and right to rid off her blurry vision.

  With a few more blinks, distinct images begin to form and she immediately recognizes the four faces there- Mark, Renjun, Chenle and Jisung. 

  The last being the one holding her hand as his face is stained with the fresh marks of tears. 

  Jisung sniffs while his head rests on his and hers clasped hands but a sudden tender touch that caresses his head causes him to shoot right up. 

  His puffy eyes widened and his bottom lip quivers. "A-Ama? You're... awake. She's awake!" 

  His scratchy yet, eager tone calls for the others and they turn to witness her conscious self- all instantly perking up in joy and relief washes over. 

  "Amaryllis! Thank goodness!" Renjun cries out and envelopes her in a cautious yet, compassionate embrace. His hands grasp onto the back of her sweater, refusing to let go. "I thought, I was going to lose you." 

  A weak chuckle emits from her and she tightens her arms around his torso, gently patting him. "As if I trust you guys enough to take care of yourselves." 

  He feebly scoffs. "I know, right? I don't how I'd manage without you." 

  Their adoring interaction warms the hearts of the others until Mark chimes in.

  "How are you feeling, Ama?"

  She turns to him and at the look of his face a blurry memory surfaces.

  "Ama! Ama, are you—" Mark panics and slides to her side- grabbing her arm instantly and dropping his wand. 

  Jeno reaches for her hand and grasps it only to be taken aback by its cold state. Her heartbeat is still there- faint, but still present. "Ama, wake up. Please, wake up." 

  Following that memory are the other moments of her executing Voldemort's malicious plans and her eyes eyes widen as her hand flies to her mouth, shocked and in disbelief.

  "Ama, whatㅡ"

  Mark gets enveloped into a warm and desperate hug and he freezes with wide eyes calling for the others' help on what to do.

  "Thank you, for everything," she muffles into his chest and he feels his anxious heart calming- naturally rubbing circles on her back and patting it to soothe her. 

  The visual of her lying down the wet, dark tiles of the Chamber of Secrets resurfaces in his head and the devastation he feels now is still as profound as it was when he first saw her tragic state. 

  His hands clench at it and they wrap around her, reciprocating her embrace tightly- feeling an immense relief knowing that she's alive and well now. 

  "Where's Jeno?" She asks when they part and they catch the lustre of her moistening eyes. 

  Jisung and Chenle move away from her bedside and she can see Jeno on the mattress beside hers, still asleep but he looks radiant now that his colour's returned. 

  Amaryllis' solicitous, endearing gaze doesn't leave him and the memory of him desperately grasping her arm with pleading eyes while she lays torpidly appears in her mind- welling up the corners of her eyes. 

  And the moment she turns to the others, her tears fall drop by drop as they gradually build up into a waterfall. 

  The rest are silent, speechless but the quiet speaks louder than words as they understand how horrifying it must be for her to be a puppet in her own body.

  How she could only watch herself performing all those dreadful doings, how hopeless she felt but most importantly, how her friends were practically willing to sacrifice themselves for her.

  That's what's causing her tears to flow like a stream.

  "Group hug!!" Chenle suddenly, exclaims and suffocates her in his arms. Jisung follows and stacks over him before Renjun and Mark do- laughter escaping them whilst they melt into each other's warm embrace.