[41] Struggle

Seeing him look so relaxed, you can't help but let your guard down slightly. 

"Hey, are you sure you'll be fine with an unstable Ten like that? You could get seriously hurt, you know," Ryu points out, noticing your weak Ten.

Your eyes widened as you quickly stabilized your Nen. "Yeah, sorry about that!" You laugh it off, silently reminding yourself to keep alert, just like how you were trained. 'I can't underestimate him just because he's chill,' you convinced yourself. 

Meanwhile, Killua observed you from the side. With crossed arms, he wore that same calculating look whenever he would analyze something. 

"Ryu! Try to hold back a little, okay?!" Senka called from the sides, waving an arm to get his attention. 

Ryu raised a brow. "Why would I do that? If we're gonna be working together, she should know what I can do," he replied, speaking loud enough for Senka to hear, but still maintaining that same relaxed tone. 

"Oi, if (Y/N) gets hurt, who knows what Ki–"

"Okay, we're starting, (Y/N)." Ryu turns to you, effectively cutting Senka off, much to her annoyance.

You nod. 'It's been a while since I've fought anyone. The last time was in Heavens Arena with Sanguis...'  you thought. Vivid memories of that battle floated to your mind as you focused on your Nen. 

With that, Ryu started to concentrate all his aura on his fist. His Nen slowly flowed onto his hand, reminding you of his relaxed demeanor.

Once again, you were unsure about Ryu's power, since you didn't feel any sense of urgency or hostility from his Nen at all. Unlike your previous matches in the Arena, his aura was calm, harboring no ill intentions whatsoever.

Despite that, Killua watched Ryu gently gather his Nen to his fist. The more he observed, the more his deep blue orbs widened in shock. 'This guy has complete control over his Nen output. You can't even sense his intentions from it.' He furrowed his brows, putting a finger to his chin. 'Not a lot of Nen users can pull that off... even Senka. Just how much Nen training did he go through??' He wonders to himself, then gazes at you. '(Y/N), you better keep your Ten solid. Don't you dare be fooled by his Nen.'

You furrowed your brows, not feeling the rush of battle you were used to. Unknowingly, your aura began to wobble, slowly growing unstable. 

Shortly after that happened, Ryu's aura suddenly began to spike as all of it concentrated on his fist. Turning a deep blue, his Nen formed into a complete and powerful Ko. If just a short while ago, his Nen showed no willingness for battle, you could clearly feel its urgency right now.

Suddenly, Ryu dashed forward, aiming his Ko-infused fist right at you. 

"(Y/N)! Your Nen!!" Killua yells from the side. Faint surges of electricity emanated from his body, almost as if he was ready to step in with Godspeed in case you couldn't defend yourself in time. 

Even Alluka, who was resting by a tree, suddenly tensed up, fearing that you might take too much damage. 

Thanks to Killua's call, though. You were able to recover from the shock and quickly reinforce your Nen. You put your arms in front of you just in time, preventing his Ko from hitting any of your vital parts. 

However, the sheer power of Ryu's Ko still caused a huge blast on impact, making you stagger backward. You took a sharp inhale, enduring the stabbing pain you felt on your forearms from blocking his attack. 'This is definitely gonna leave some nasty bruises,' You grimaced, letting your arms slump to your sides.