[56] Ability

"Onee-chan..." Alluka mumbled, holding in her tears.

You tried to comfort her as you continued to hide in the bushes. "It's fine, Alluka... We're gonna find a way..."

Looking over at Killua, you began getting this urge to step right in. However, your knowledge of what Illumi is capable of has kept you at bay. Ryu had the same thoughts, but the look on his face as Senka remained sprawled out against a tree suggested otherwise. 

"Kil... an assassin like you does not need friends," Illumi stated, holding a couple of needles between his fingers. "Why do you keep protecting her?"

An audible tsk could be heard from Killua. "I'm not an assassin, Illumi. How many times do I need to tell you that?"

"Impossible." Illumi was starting to look visibly upset. "You were molded to be the perfect assassin by me and Dad. Your only purpose for living is to end lives. This desire you have for friends and freedom is just an illusion, Kil."

You stared at Illumi in horror. The Killua you know is far from the killing machine that Illumi forced him to be. 

Killua sighs and turns to Senka, not wanting to talk to Illumi any longer. 

"You still choose to help her?" Illumi's brows furrow ever so slightly. "That's no good, Kil. How much farther do you plan to stray from your true path?" His needles start gathering Nen as he walks closer. 

Killua shoots Illumi a glare, stepping right in between him and Senka to ensure that he doesn't do anything funny. 

An eerie smile makes its way to Illumi's face. "You'll realize it soon, Kil. You'll realize how naive you're being." With that, he threw the Nen-infused needles right at Killua. 

Killua's immediate instinct was to dodge. However, the needles would have a chance of hitting Senka instead, so he stood his ground. Clenching his jaw, he catches the needles with his hands as a flurry of electricity surrounds his fingers. 

Illumi narrows his eyes. "You've gotten faster..." he mumbles, before a small smirk forms on his lips. "But still so naive."

At that, the needles moved on their own and pierced Killua's palm. He widened his eyes, yelping in pain as blood flowed from his hand, dripping onto the grass. 

You held your breath as you watched on, feeling more and more helpless by the second. 

"Illumi, you–" Killua glared at him, attempting to pull the needles out but to no avail.

"Hmm, a person would usually be crippled by this point, but you're doing quite well," Illumi says, amusement lingering in his voice. Then, he holds a hand out. "Come to me, Kil."

As he said that, a force coming from the needles in Killua's palm pushes him towards Illumi. Killua winces from the pain but pulls his arms back as hard as he could. "Get... these... nasty needles off of me...!" Killua exclaims between clenched teeth as Nen emanates from the needles. 

Illumi narrowed his eyes, exerting more of his Nen onto the needles. 

Killua yelled in pain as he felt more force on his arms. He continued to resist until eventually, Illumi's Nen became too much for him to handle. The next thing Killua knew, he fell forward, as his arms were being dragged towards Illumi. 

A disturbingly wide smile contorts Illumi's usual deadpan face. "That's it, Kil. It's about time you came to your senses!" 

Killua lifts his face, glaring daggers at Illumi. That is until his eyes widened in shock immediately after. 

"(Y/N–"

It was as if that strike came from nowhere. Illumi felt a sting on the side of his neck, along with the fact that he's gone off balance. He looked immediately behind him to see you, wearing the most twisted, furious expression. Your entire body was completely shrouded in Zetsu, save for your right hand and the dagger it held, which was jam-packed with all the Nen from your body.