[65] Tail

Alluka suddenly enters the room. Her brows were knitted together rather deeply. "Onii-chan? Why has Onee-chan been going out alone lately??" she asks, tone laced with worry. 

A week has passed since that day, and you've secretly gone to see your brother around 5 times now. It was enough for even Alluka to notice. 

Killua had his eyes closed, silently doing his Nen training. He eventually opens them, glancing at Alluka's confused state. 

He smiles, pausing his training for a bit and walking over to Alluka. "So, even you found out, huh?" Killua chuckles, giving Alluka a pat on the head. 

"Eh?? Do you know why Onee-chan is doing this?!" Alluka looks up at Killua, her eyes shining expectantly as she waits for answers. 

Killua's smile fades away as he lets his hand fall to his side. "Unfortunately, I don't."

Alluka's eyes widened in surprise "Ehhh?!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air. "B-But why not?! You know everything about her!" 

Killua was taken aback for a moment. "E-Every–" he cuts himself off, shaking his head with a sigh. "Seriously Alluka, I don't know everything about (Y/N), okay?" he says, averting his gaze. 

Alluka blinks in surprise. "But Onii-chan, aren't you worried?" 

"Wh- Of course, I am!" Killua suddenly exclaims, frustration evident in his voice. 

"...Onii-chan?" 

"She just..." Killua pauses, taking in deep, but quick breaths. "She doesn't wanna tell me anything. I don't know why she would go out all alone all of a sudden, or why she would even do that. She won't say it!" 

Alluka falls silent as she stares at her brother in surprise. From the outside, Killua looked annoyed, like he typically was whenever you'd do something he deemed idiotic. But it was different this time. He had this look of frustration and anger welling up in his eyes. He was gritting his teeth as if keeping himself from speaking, and his hands were tightly clenched into fists. 

Alluka hesitated. She didn't know much about what was going on, all she knew was that asking any more questions probably won't do Killua any good.

She fell silent as she looked down on her feet, sinking deeper into thought. 

Killua immediately noticed Alluka's eerie silence. His eyes widened, lips quickly scrambling to form words. 

"Sorry, Alluka. I–"

"Oh!" Alluka suddenly whipped her head up to look at Killua. "I know what I should do!!" she exclaims. Her eyes were suddenly glimmering with hope as she leaned towards him. You could almost see the lightbulb above her head. 

Killua's brows furrowed in confusion for a split second before he got the idea. "Alluka, don't do anything reckless like (Y/N)," he says rather sternly. 

"Eh?! But I haven't even said anything yet!" Alluka pouted. "It's okay! I'm not gonna force Onee-chan to tell me what's going on or anything." 

Killua's expression softened, yet he still waited for her to continue.

Alluka flashes him a big grin. "What if..."

_ _ _

It was the next day, and you were getting ready to go out again. 

'Senka's already fully healed... I wonder what she's gonna do now that we found Nii-chan,' you thought to yourself, making your way towards the door. Suddenly, your eyes widened in realization. 'Wait, now that Senka's back, I have to–'

"Onee-chan?" Alluka's voice echoes from behind you, confusion evident in her tone. 

You immediately whirl around to face her. "A-Alluka?!" you stutter, trying to hide your surprise. 

Alluka tilts her head. "Where are you going?" she asks. 

'How did she find out this soon??' you gulped, putting on the best smile you could. "I... I'm just going out for a bit, Alluka. To get some fresh air," you manage to say. "I won't be gone for long, don't worry!" 

Her eyes sparkled at what you said. "Really? Can I come too, Onee-chan?" she exclaims with a bright smile.

"Wh-What?!" You take a step back in horror. 'N-No... why would you–'

"Please? I wanna spend time with you, Onee-chan!" Alluka pleads, looking at you with hope-filled eyes. 

You stared right back at her puppy eyes, seeing your own reflection looking right back at you. The normally bright and cheery smile you had all but disappeared, leaving nothing but a hollow imitation of what it used to be. 

You took a deep breath. Your thoughts were racing so fast you couldn't pinpoint a single one. 

"Please! I swear I won't tell Onii-chan!" Alluka kept pleading. 

You calmed down, managing to give her a soft smile. "You... you really won't?" 

Alluka nods excitedly. "Uh-huh! Of course! I know that you guys are fighting right now, so I won't tell him about this!" 

'F-Fighting?!'

You cleared your throat. "Okay Alluka, fine," you sigh rather shakily. "I'll let you come with me." 

'Please... please... I hope nothing bad happens.'

Alluka's eyes widened as her mouth formed an O shape. "Really, Onee-chan? Yay!!" She jumps up and down, hugging your arm from the side. 

It's strange how she's acting about all this. Did she really expect you to say no?

"Careful or the others might hear. I don't want Killua scolding me again." You sigh, placing your hand on the doorknob. "Are you ready to go?"     

Alluka nods excitedly. 

You chuckle, giving her a pat on the head. It was weird how heavy your hand was... maybe it was just your imagination? You shake off the thought, silently opening the door and slipping out of the inn with Alluka as quietly as you can. 

Moments of dead silence pass inside the inn. Ryu must be in Senka's room right now, and Killua should be doing some form of training... at least, that's how it should be. 

Killua emerges from behind the wall, giving him the perfect view of where you and Alluka were standing just moments ago. 

"This is our cue to go. They should be around 500 meters from us by now," Killua mutters, looking over his shoulder through the corner of his eye. 

Ryu and Senka stood right behind him. Senka gave Killua a thumbs up and a smile, while Ryu merely gave him a nod.  

"Seriously, I can't believe Alluka's plan worked..." Killua sighed, activating his Zetsu. "I'll be asking one last time... Are you sure you wanna go with me? This issue is just between me and (Y/N), after all." 

'Plus, I'm not sure what's gonna happen if they find out about (Y/N)'s relation to that snake.'

Ryu nodded, activating his Zetsu as well. "Of course we're sure. This is the least we could do after what you've done to protect Senka," he says. 

Senka smiles as she activates Zetsu along with the others. 

Killua sighed rather deeply. "Alright, but make sure to be absolutely careful. We cannot let (Y/N) find out that we're tailing her, okay?"